Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2018, 11:36   #31
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Shower pump electric protective time relay

Blackduck-
Just in case...Ebay is flooded with genuine counterfeit Omron timed relays. Not built as well internally as the real thing, not as reliable on the timing. Hopefully, you've got trusted sources for those for you got.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 11:46   #32

Boat: Lagoon 450

Hey Hello Sailor,

Thanks for the heads up. Not ebay (you can't imagine how few ebayers or Amazonians will ship to Croatia). No I got mine from a legit electrical supplier in the UK.
cheers
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 02:05   #33

Simply because I like things finished... I am posting the results of the shower gulper timer relay upgrade here. Thanks firstly to PaulinOZ for his help.

So on a four bedroom "charter" layout Lagoon 450, the timer relays for each hull are located in the Rear/Port and the Forward/Starboard bathrooms respectively. Yes the relays for both bathrooms in each hull are together in the one bathroom.

Specifically they are in the under-basin cupboard (below sink) at the inside/right hand/bottom of the door frame. They are two red cubes (or are on mine).

They are held to the wooden door frame with a short Phillips head screw each.

When the screws are undone grab the relay (red cube) in one hand, then reach underneath it with your other hand and grab tight to the plastic casing that holds the female electrical connectors. Pull slowly but firmly to extract the red relays make blade connectors from the female connectors in the grey connection box.

In my case I was switching the 15 second lagoon fitted relays out for multi-timer relays which have variable adjusting dials within them.

These dials are beneath two opaque plastic press fit caps on the top of the relay.

Pry each cap off (fingernail or flat blade screwdriver).

Inside each is a tiny adjustable dial. The dials themselves are pretty hard to see: I used my iPhone camera, took stills and blew them up, to determine if there was a pointer as such on the adjustment slot (a small Phillips head slot).

There is but it's hard to distinguish as it's a tiny arrow head on one end of one of the arms of the Philips head slots.

The multi timer relays come with a sheet detailing what settings are available.

I chose dial setting One and maximum.

Dial setting One denotes No Delay and a range of time possibilities from 5 seconds to 60seconds. With maximum therefore being 60 Seconds and minimum delivering five seconds.

Again, speaking for mine, the multi-timer relays arrive set to "nine" and "minimum.
You will need a very fine Phillips head screwdriver (a jeweller's number one or 2.5 to 3mm screw driver.)

To adjust the variable dial from minimum to maximum means turning it fully clockwise to its stop.

One of them is a stepped dial from zero to nine, the other is a slightly stepped but fully variable dial. This latter one is factory set to minimum.

To adjust the stepped dial I counted the steps back to zero then gently advanced one to be sure. (I believe you can advance through zero back to nine but can't be sure)

The result means if I press the black rubber capped button in the shower cubicle to set the drain scuppering it will run without a delay from pressing for 60 seconds before I need to press it again (for another sixty seconds of drain action!)
In my case the relays didn't come with attaching brackets and so I had to resort to very high adhesion double sided tape (my fixer of last resort!)

That then. is the end of my sermon on egg-sucking for grandmas!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6933.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	170830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6934.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	170831  

Name:	IMG_6973.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	413.7 KB
ID:	170832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6967.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	170833  

Old 31-05-2018, 06:45   #34

Boat: Hanse 348

BTW, does anyone have an actual PN for either the replacement relay
https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co....6/category/210

or adjustable relay
I would like to try to source in US rather than UK. If it really an omron part, I should be able to get via digikey or the likes.

Thanks.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 06:52   #35

All I have is the UK part number for the Multi timer from AES Ltd which is 140271.
Old 13-05-2019, 07:52   #36

As an update to this thread, there was a post on the lagoon.io forum regarding this relay. A clever individual has come up with this relay, which is just an on/off relay, and replace the push button switch with a toggle if you don't want to hold it. Just another alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/Absolute-RLS-...r=8-2-fkmrnull

$5 on amazon.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:13   #37

USA source on line https://www.delcity.net/store/Time-D...04415.h_804416
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 07:26   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
Thanks. Is it the delay on release or Hella delay on release. One is 25, the other is 65. One is 4 pin, the other is 5 pin. Not at the boat to see which is correct.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:37   #39

Boat: Privilege 435

As a (very slight) thread drift, if you can put it in the catch area under the floor to activate your pump you might consider this bilge switch. It has electronic contacts so no clogging and nothing to break but better still, once activated, it continues to run for a minute after the water has gone below the level of the contacts.

I have connected mine to my gulper pump and apart from a clean every month or two, it does its job without any thought needed.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-S...witch/14150756

Name:	248c7042-80db-4a6f-9782-a4ed80d8ad58_1.1012f0290dd67cf95e5815953d7a1ecb.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	192033
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 12:10   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
Thanks. Is it the delay on release or Hella delay on release. One is 25, the other is 65. One is 4 pin, the other is 5 pin. Not at the boat to see which is correct.

4 Pin, but 5 pin works too. 2011 Lagoon 450. The one I got and put in 4 years ago is a BeUler BU-508TD they are even cheaper here https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/b...BoCUikQAvD_BwE
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2019, 11:41   #41

thanks bean counter. just bought 2 to try out. just a matter of me getting my hands in there through all the water hoses...
Old 19-07-2021, 07:00   #42

Boat: Lagoon 400

I can confirm that Roetter's fix works. (And even for the electrically unskilled like myself.)

The shower drain pump on my L400 just would not work. I suspected the relay was the problem, but never would have opened it up and cleaned off the switch plate on my own.

Thank you Roetter!!!

Charlie
cjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, rot, shower