Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 15:57   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 Cat
Seawater in Engine Compartment

Has anyone experienced seawater entry into the engine compartment via the air vents. I have water in some of the air vents obviously entering from the aft exit of the vents under the vent cover.
Old 06-06-2017, 18:38   #2

Re: Seawater in Engine Compartment

Not happened to us, even though we've had seas break on that part.

Are you sure water is entering through air blower vents? Have you checked that they are caulked into the hull securely?

We have had saltwater in engine compartment through the air valve on top of grey vented loop of raw water hose. If this one-way air valve gets clogged then engine raw water pump causes water to flow through valve and down black rubber breather hose into engine compartment. Only while engine is running. Easily fixed by removing and cleaning the valve on top of the loop.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 14:05   #3

Boat: Lagoon 400 Cat
Re: Seawater in Engine Compartment

Thanks for the response. Yes the vent hose is full of water. I also have had the vent leak some water in and when cleaned it does go away.

I also know I had a leak at the closure insert, it moved and had to be reset and caulked.

I also have some leakage at the engine deck cover, the weather-stripping split apart at the joint, when glued together it stopped.

Tags
engine, men, water