Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2019, 05:48   #1

replacing/fixing cabin window white dot patterns

hello, I read a few posts regarding to this problem but I have some additional questions:

I think the previous owner tried to fixed it once (see first and second image they are different window looks) and there are some damages around the window:

- I wonder why there are damages around the window area as well? did they mess during the fixing the window?

- I guess the black border around the window is the material under the original window and it's now visible but one window looks different from the rest (white and black borders) and I want to fix it, what is the best way to do it ? should I do car film from inside or outside all of them? can I fix only this one to look white border as well? is it possible to fix the window surroundings as well? has anyone have proper fix before/after pictures that can guide ?

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	204662   Click image for larger version

Name:	window3.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	204663  

Click image for larger version

Name:	window4.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	204664  
ers61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:52   #2

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: replacing/fixing cabin window white dot patterns

Call Tucker at Lighthouse Signs in Westbrook, CT. He figured out how to replicate/remove old/install new. He replaced all 4 for us, and they looked like brand new from factory.
Navasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 03:43   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450

We removed the old pattern with acetone (washing quickly afterwards with water). Came off easy. Have a sign-maker make one for you to your dimensions. Just explain you want a sticker that lets you see out but not in.

I found the L450 Lagoon window stickers on the Beneteua parts site, and used their dimensions (423mm x 910mm), but turned out they were about 5mm short on all sides, so suggest adding 5mm all round. Easy enough to trim off. I had the guy make the sticker as a rectangle as did not know the radius of the corner, so after applying sticker use blade to curve the radius in. My fully white border to protect the adhesive was 4.5cm.

If you able to make a pattern for your sticker using brown paper or something, even better. We were not at the boat at the time, hence the guess work.
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 03:34   #4

Boat: Looking now. Proud AP sailer

Check out the latest episode of “parley revival” on YouTube. They jus did the very same thing. Cheers.
John_char is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, wind