Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2019, 10:25   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Remove yanmar instrument panel difficult

So my engine hours have faded away and are unreadable. I see theres a fairly simple repair to revive the digital display. On my Lagoon 450F I pulled the half clear plexi off to access the 4 screws for the instrument panel but. . .the darn thing wont budge. It seems they put some sealer on the inside thats making it as of now impossible to remove. Anyone have any info or tips to remove the panel?

Cheers
mr336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 19:59   #2

Boat: FP Elba 45
Re: Remove yanmar instrument panel difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr336 View Post
So my engine hours have faded away and are unreadable. I see theres a fairly simple repair to revive the digital display. On my Lagoon 450F I pulled the half clear plexi off to access the 4 screws for the instrument panel but. . .the darn thing wont budge. It seems they put some sealer on the inside thats making it as of now impossible to remove. Anyone have any info or tips to remove the panel?

Cheers
Hi I replaced the tacho readout on my L400 due to the same problem, had local people replace the readout with new, the hours don't change as they are stored in memory. Like you I removed the four front screws and thought the same it must be glued in, however not correct, there are I think 2 screws if I remember correctly that go in from behind and screw in to the rear of the FG dashboard, after you remove the rear panel have a good look the heads of the screws are very tiny and hard to see. Hope yours is the same. Good luck.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 21:48   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450

Hi PeterP
Thanks for the help. I was told on another forum that the instrument panel has been glued/sealed in and the sealant needs to be cut away with a blade. Preferably from behind but I dont know how to access it from behind without cutting a decent size new access hole in the fiberglass. He also said they glued the f*&%k out of it so it needs to be cut away/separated from the fiberglass with say a razer blade.

Cheers n thanks
mr336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 21:57   #4

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Hi PeterP
Thanks for the help. I was told on another forum that the instrument panel has been glued/sealed in and the sealant needs to be cut away with a blade. Preferably from behind but I dont know how to access it from behind without cutting a decent size new access hole in the fiberglass. He also said they glued the f*&%k out of it so it needs to be cut away/separated from the fiberglass with say a razer blade.

Cheers n thanks
No problems I will check at the weekend I think I have some photo's when I took mine out, if I can find them I will load them so you can see. If they don't turn up you know I can not find them. I cant think of any reason the 450 would be any different to the L400.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 12:45   #5

Boat: 450S

I am doing some work now on my instrument panel. Not sure if this helps but this is the back of the Yanmar engine control on my 2016 450. Was held in by 4 corner screws and sealant only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1563651936705.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	196290
Pascals Wager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2022, 06:02   #6

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Quote:

Cheers
It would be very nice to hear how it went to an end? I have the same issue on my Lagoon 450. Hope it is not sealed. Why on earth someone would do it.....
Happy_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum, yanmar