Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2018, 04:01   #46

Boat: Pogo 10,50
Re: New Lagoon 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
I wonder, why the main cat manufacturer are so reluctant to introduce inmast furling for the main, especially when they minimize the main sail size by moving the mast back.

The Amel and other seaworthy monohulls show, it is a mature technology.

Mostly because inmast furling can get stuck and will take a lot longer to remove sail area than just dropping the main, which can be dramatic on a cat. Also with the mast aft and without a full batten mainsail you would essentially have a stormjib hanging behind your mast
CbroTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:10   #47

Boat: Lagoon 450

Can't say I like it too much at all. Thankfully! Which means I'll be happy with my 450F instead of suffering from FOMO!

The cockpit area looks very disjointed and I prefer the 450's seating area with separate walkway aft. Easier to keep the wet and mess back there vs having it on the actual cockpit floor itself. For example, just thinking of the big fish we sometimes catch and how they always end up lying in the rear walkway once caught. No space for that in the new 46 unless they end up on the cockpit floor! And that isn't ideal...

Very importantly - where do you install the BBQ!?

That's a game changer for us. Got to have a BBQ where everyone can stand around and enjoy a beer whilst turning the lamb chops.

Also looks like the daybed in the cockpit is smaller on the 46? That would be a pity as is a favourite place to have a nap.

The relocation of the sunbeds up top aren't ideal either. One seems to have a view of the back of everyone's heads as they sit on the flybridge. Prefer lying up front with the breeze and the view. I do understand the re-positioning of the mast forced the move. But still...

I'm sure it will be a perfect boat for many people, but for us, it isn't. Thankfully! No green with envy issues at least.

#loveour450
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 08:43   #48

Boat: L 450

Can´t say it better

even most of the closets have no doors :-)

And no Davit´s anymore

And the steps to theflybride are on the side where the table is. So you will get wet when you have lunch or dinner
Darksyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 09:13   #49

Boat: Lagoon 450

Ah yes, I forgot the lack of davits. I'm sure the dingy lift platform is wonderful - But it's just another mechanical thing to break whilst you happen to be cruising in the middle of nowhere in a third world country...

Another important omission in the 46 - the hatch in the cockpit roof. This is a lifesaver in the tropics, as opening it up allows cool air to circulate through the cockpit area. Yes - it can leak when it rains (yet to be able to solve that), but the cool air it let's in far outweighs any annoying leak!
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 09:15   #50

Tenderlift is a 30 K option

Dinghy System is the same like on the 42 and the Leopards
Old 17-09-2018, 12:53   #51

New Lagoon 460

Used to be a double post due to bad internet, sorry
Old 26-09-2018, 08:45   #52

Any pictures of the boat? as I understand at least one is in the water. Probably in les sables d'olone? anyone there?
ANJOKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 08:49   #53

Hi Anjoka,

i have close to 60 pictures inside and outside but I promised them not to share before the official presentation.

The Boat is in France :-)
Old 27-09-2018, 01:59   #54

I have seen the new 46 in France too and I do not like it.

- It has only three winches and it is impossible to set a parasailor or a downwind sail properly.

- no real charttable in the saloon

- no real chartable in the owners cabin

- self tacking jib

- many boards in the galley and in the owners cabin do not have doors. But Lagoon puts a flower pot obove the microwave in a open board on their pictures. This speaks for itself. Not designed for sailing.

- no davits. the new lift does not alow you to attach the dinghy properly to the boat.

- price including all necessary options for cruising will be around 50.000 Euros more compared to the L450F

But - it is already sold out until the end of 2020!!!

Around 120 boats have been ordered so far. People seem to like the pictures without having seen the boat.
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 20:19   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
I have seen the new 46 in France too and I do not like it.

- It has only three winches and it is impossible to set a parasailor or a downwind sail properly.

- no real charttable in the saloon

- no real chartable in the owners cabin

- self tacking jib

- many boards in the galley and in the owners cabin do not have doors. But Lagoon puts a flower pot obove the microwave in a open board on their pictures. This speaks for itself. Not designed for sailing.

- no davits. the new lift does not alow you to attach the dinghy properly to the boat.

- price including all necessary options for cruising will be around 50.000 Euros more compared to the L450F

But - it is already sold out until the end of 2020!!!

Around 120 boats have been ordered so far. People seem to like the pictures without having seen the boat.

Just my two cents:
Davits, sail configuration and even the flower pot (yes really) seem tonne down to owner specification. For example a self tacking jib will probably be very appreciated by someone sailing short handed. Except if you know for a fact that all of what you listed is mandatory. Plus brokers like to secure early slots.
Old 27-09-2018, 23:23   #56

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CbroTheDude View Post
Just my two cents:
Davits, sail configuration and even the flower pot (yes really) seem tonne down to owner specification. For example a self tacking jib will probably be very appreciated by someone sailing short handed. Except if you know for a fact that all of what you listed is mandatory. Plus brokers like to secure early slots.
Self tacking jib is over-estimated. I can easily tack singlehanded my Lagoon 400 with her standard jib / genoa using the winches at the helm. It is a non-issue. I appreciate the larger square top main and fore sail. I do not see any advantage of a stepped back mast, resulting in a setup with significantly smaler main and only slightly bigger selftacking jib.

The old overlaping configuration is better balanced in my opinion, also a larger main alows a better balanced sailing with the code 0 / genacker on the bowsprit.

And the livability in the obstruction free salon is also much better without the mast pole in the middle of the entrance.
Old 28-09-2018, 09:53   #57

Boat: I want Lagoon 42

I know this is going to open up a can of worms but what I don't like about it is that they didn't come out with the sport top version It's a flybridge and I'm not a fan of the flybridge on this size of boat
mjuneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 11:20   #58

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjuneau View Post
I know this is going to open up a can of worms but what I don't like about it is that they didn't come out with the sport top version It's a flybridge and I'm not a fan of the flybridge on this size of boat

Agreed, there’s no doubt... the S is much better than the F!
Old 16-10-2018, 10:01   #59

Video and pictures of the L46 are already at the lagoon website.
ANJOKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 10:27   #60

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANJOKA View Post
Video and pictures of the L46 are already at the lagoon website.
https://youtu.be/40vrcj16iyM on YT

Tags
lagoon