Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2016, 15:09   #91

Boat: Lagoon 42
Re: NEW LAGOON 42 coming soon

I just received the owners manual for the 42. The davits are rated for 250 kg.

- The davits are designed to support a maximum load of 250 kg and a tender which is maximum 3,40 metres long.

That's a pretty big dink. And, that is important.
Chris
SV Saltrun
Saltrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 15:31   #92

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclmck View Post
Just been onboard the new 42 at the Sydney Boat show and liked the boat , the boat has a lot of features i like but has a few i don't and require a bit of thinking to make the boat workable for me, the issues i have with the boat are as follows

1.the galley only has 1 cupboard with a shelf , 2 o'heads, and a drawer plus 2o'heads above the fridge it does have 3 open shelve sets and a trash cupboard ,the comparison to other boats leaves it short of space for live a boards
2. the cockpit has only 2 smallish lockers one for gas/propane and the other is behind the helm seat
3. the cockpit floor is lowered by about 10 inches/250mm to the l45 and therefore there is no floor above the motors for storage
4. the cockpit seat cushions have "raised edges" on the cushions cutting off leg circulation for shorter people, the transom seat is too narrow to sit for any length of time.
5. the helm seat is too uncomfortable (for me) it has arkward foot rests and generally unacceptable
6. if ordering a washing machine you lose all but 500mm of hanging space
7. the 2nd water tank cannot be ordered if you want a generator as it sits in that space
8. the rail from the helm to the cockpit roof is a bit of a miss it is too short

9. limited positions for a bbq and a outboard when the dinghy is up on the davits. more stainless is required.

10. the cockpit lighting may be ok but appears to be lacking , it has 3 small leds over the walkway
11. refrigerator is too small and the icebox needs to be turned into a freezer otherwise its useless

12. the cockpit fridge option is too small for any more than a few people (we all drink a lot) but a different model would work well.
13. the electric sheet winch has no foot control at the helm only on off switch up at the base of the winch

Storage space forward is generous in both hulls if they aren't fitted out as cabins, ample space for fenders and ropes but not a lot of spare space once the essentials are loaded, some space is available around the motors.

i wasn't allowed on the roof but the top of the boom is about 2 m off the roof so easy enough to reach.

plenty of roof space available for solar, the design of the roof going forward is a good hand hold but like most other boats the cockpit area is lacking it has no hand holds at all not even for boarding

at its narrowest point it is 3.25m between hulls so a large dinghy should easily fit on the davits.

the boat was not fitted with covers for the helm or cockpit but the areas should be good with them fitted, the helm will need at least a "windscreen"

lighting inside the boat was very good

the boat was bright and comfortable with plenty of air circulation

the bedding was generous and access easy.
aclmck, I am still at the Sydney Boat Show, you saved me a lot of typing I agree entirely with your report, worth mentioning is the seat in the saloon it is 912mm long, 440mm wide, and 340mm deep, with a lifting top, could be used as a large defacto pantry in my view, lifting gas struts would be a help, also Lagoon have installed floor storage good for cans etc. The helm seat is exactly the same as my L400 without the arm rest, so worse imho, the Lagoon rep Cristoph (spelling error maybe) advised seat improvement in the works. The galley has only one sink but a draining board, much prefer two sinks, not much one can do about that unfortunately. I do like the self tacker, the new designed main, and rig and the general open plan free flowing movement, flat floor, ease of boarding. Looking foreward to a test sail next Tuesday, see if I can get it up to 16 knts
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 23:22   #93

Boat: Lagoon 42 2017 and a BB17, 23 ' 1962 racer
Smile Re: NEW LAGOON 42 coming soon

Do keep us posted peterp!!

Nice to hear that they might rework the helm seat, and disapointed if they will not add an option for two sinks!

We have hull nr 131 on order, and have been promised delivery July 1. next year. Just saw that saltrun has got his OM, so I will promptly contact my broker and hassle him...announcing loudly how grossly unfair it has that I haven't got one as well

PS! Have inside information that the L42 will be passing hull nr 200 in september. Not bad considering we just met the boat in Dusseldorf!
ObiWanSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 00:58   #94

Boat: TBA

hi PeterP,
yes the boat has a lot to like about it, i thought a sliding drawer each side of the bench seat with a top shelf to use the bench seat as a pantry, maybe a couple of baskets for a cheaper alternative.

maybe drawers under the settee each end, just annoying when such a nice boat has no storage(well not enough anyway)in the galley or cockpit, not even a locker large enough for a broom.

please let us know how she sails, i was told about tuesday but couldn't hang around.
aclmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 01:01   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltrun View Post
I just received the owners manual for the 42. The davits are rated for 250 kg.

- The davits are designed to support a maximum load of 250 kg and a tender which is maximum 3,40 metres long.

That's a pretty big dink. And, that is important.
Chris
SV Saltrun
thanks for that saves me trying to find it
Old 31-07-2016, 05:14   #96
TOT

Boat: Lagoon 450

Quote:
thanks for that saves me trying to find it

I was on one two days ago and there is a sticker that shows 250kg but there is another sticker warning that max load is 170kg, not sure why two.

I have a L450 and the davits are much stronger looking at my sticker states 250kg....

SV TOT
Wayne 😃
Old 02-08-2016, 04:28   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOT View Post
I was on one two days ago and there is a sticker that shows 250kg but there is another sticker warning that max load is 170kg, not sure why two.

I have a L450 and the davits are much stronger looking at my sticker states 250kg....

SV TOT
Wayne 😃
Thanks ToT , i"ll look into it it further, these manufacturers can't be trusted to give clarity in specifying, it probably helps the cause with warranty claims latter.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:03   #98

As of August 1st, Lagoon has increased its pricing on the new Lagoon 42.

Base price for a 3 cabin owner's version now is 305.000€, it used to be 292.000€. Options became a tad more expensive too, but not that substantial.

I guess it's the price we're paying because it's such a hugely successful model...?
eugene presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 16:32   #99

Boat: Lagoon 50

I wonder if the prices for other models went up too.

Post July, lagoon is modifying the spec a little to comply with modifications to the ce standard. This is part of the cause or excuse for the price change.
warren460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:25   #100

Boat: Lagoon 42

Can you elaborate on the changes they are going to make? Would be interested to know.
Thanks
Chris
Saltrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 01:53   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltrun View Post
Can you elaborate on the changes they are going to make? Would be interested to know.
Thanks
Chris
Looks as if you chased them all away with this question Chris, i was told that the cost increases were to the new CE standards requiring more floatation, Holding tanks built in for every head, and a few other items.
What i can't gather is that the new increased costed price list still has the holding tanks as an option (not standard) i think that what I've been told is just sales hype . someone must know what lagoon is talking about though????
Old 14-08-2016, 01:58   #102

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Looks as if you chased them all away with this question Chris, i was told that the cost increases were to the new CE standards requiring more floatation, Holding tanks built in for every head, and a few other items.
What i can't gather is that the new increased costed price list still has the holding tanks as an option (not standard) i think that what I've been told is just sales hype . someone must know what lagoon is talking about though????
it is called inflation.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 02:01   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
it is called inflation.
nearly 10%?????
Old 14-08-2016, 02:09   #104

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
nearly 10%?????
yeah. as i read it is now number 200 or so. Lagoon has to protect itself from some type of issues with new design. Say L 400 had nacelle issue, then old L420 with electric motors etc...

fixing 200 L420 boats is better than 500 L420. So price goes up to cover the risk.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:38   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
yeah. as i read it is now number 200 or so. Lagoon has to protect itself from some type of issues with new design. Say L 400 had nacelle issue, then old L420 with electric motors etc...

fixing 200 L420 boats is better than 500 L420. So price goes up to cover the risk.
Did you have a sail on the 42 after the show

Tags
lagoon