Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 15:10   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Mosquito screens

I have a 2013 Lagoon 380 and while I didn't opt for the mosquito screens because we would be cruising the Med, I'm finding that while they don't have as many as back home in the southeast US, they have enough to cover me in welts by morning. I was looking at a few options including the Waterline hatch screens, but because of my shade they won't seem to work.

Any other 380 owners that have a decent solution for hatch screens?

Thanks,
Zoid
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 04:48   #2

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Mosquito screens

yes, we had some made with moscitos nets, and that can be used when hatc is open at som 30 deg. and they are so fine that even ligth rain do not get in., had them made by an outdoor camping shop. Used the messurments from the hatch and added 5mm on them al. and has a rudder line that holds it in place, so fare 25 knots of wind still holds them in place.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 13:45   #3
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Mosquito screens

A couple of options
One is Velcro screens from underneath which works ok, although the flow coat can peel off the headlining pretty easily where you stick the Velcro. We bought some cheaply ones in a $2 shop in Spain and cut to suit. Other option is professionally made ones. There's an Aussi company that makes them for about $20 a pop, and I guess other companies do the same. It works ok, you just peel back the corner to open/close the hatch.
The other option is the slide type that have the fly screen and shade screen in them. They are great but around $150 each. You might find them cheaper on a RV/ camping car supply site.
Other option is the big net type that fits over the hatch outside and is held down by weights sold in marine stores. I haven't tried those as they look a bit messy to deal with.
Bloody mossies
monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screen