Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 15:06   #16

Boat: Broadblue 435 , 44ft
Re: Looking at buying, your thoughts please

Sorry forgot to mention thing that really thrned me off is that they tried t sell me a Croatian charter company with the boat! Massive tax dodge apparently. My lawyer warned me off.
Titch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 15:12   #17

Boat: Broadblue 435 , 44ft

Hi was in a similar position last year. I ended up sourcing a boat in Turkey was a lot easier then the Croation regulations. Is it flagged Croation? If so could be a pain. Engine hours indicate a charter boat I did 100ish hours last year as a guide.
Titch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 18:04   #18

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch71 View Post
Hi was in a similar position last year. I ended up sourcing a boat in Turkey was a lot easier then the Croation regulations. Is it flagged Croation? If so could be a pain. Engine hours indicate a charter boat I did 100ish hours last year as a guide.
The boat in question is not a bareboat charter cat. Its only used for personal use and cabin charter (teambuilding events and that sort of stuff). So engine hours should be OK.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch71 View Post
Sorry forgot to mention thing that really thrned me off is that they tried t sell me a Croatian charter company with the boat! Massive tax dodge apparently. My lawyer warned me off.
Are you speaking of this specific boat or in general? I was looking at a boat in Turkey also. So that would be better for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
MadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:58   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
Are you speaking of this specific boat or in general? I was looking at a boat in Turkey also. So that would be better for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
I had a chat with a broker some time ago when the boat was listed. these folks used the boat mostly for personal use, which in EU requires VAT paid status.
A way around is to create a charter company in Croatia and make some minimal revenue.
As far as I understood they sold 'teambuilding' events and the like through their website. I wonder how much revenue they made... at 1200 hrs the boat has not had too much use and cabin charter is not much worse for wear than private use
the broker said the boat is for sale with our without the company, choice of the buyer.

to me the story makes sense. but of course buyer beware!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:56   #21

Boat: a sailing boat

I too think the original insurance quote sounds high. I would shop around before any contractual commitments.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:44   #22

On a yearly contract we pay about 0,6% of current value for coverage in the Med.
Plus ~100 Euro for 3rd party liability

Tags
buying, lease