Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2019, 17:30   #16

Boat: Lagoon 42
Re: Lagoons made by CNB vs Beneteau...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
CNB groupe Beneteau - cruising boats builder

according to their web site, all lagoons are built at CNB.

I think you misinterpreted that portion of the Lagoon website. Lagoon catamarans are built in at least two locations quite a distance apart.

The Lagoon 380, 400, 42, 450's, and now the 46's are built about three kilometers south of Belleville-sur-Vie, near La Ribotiere. This factory is Lagoon's oldest factory and by most accounts the factory employing the most experience and skilled craftsmen. More than one Lagoon representative (the ones in France) privately acknowledge it to be their best production facility.

The Lagoon 50, 52, 560, 620, Seventy 7, and customs are built at the CNB facility in Bordeaux. The CNB factory builds good quality Lagoons, but not quite the quality of the Belleville-sur-Vie facility. Recently a long-time Lagoon salesperson (working on commission) recommended to a friend of mine to reconsider his order of a Lagoon 50 and consider a Lagoon 46 because he felt the Belleville-sur-Vie factory consistently produced better boats. This buyer knows his stuff, he currently owns a 450F and a 380. After doing his own research my friend came to the same conclusion, cancelled the 50 order, and now has a 46 on order.

A delivery captain I know well has delivered dozens of Lagoons from France to the Caribbean and US. He has made many, many visits to each factory, he too believes the Belleville-sur-Vie factory builds better Lagoons.

I have heard that Lagoon has recently begun to consider or actually begun new production at another Beneteau facility or expanded production capabilities at the Bordeaux facility. So, there may now be three factories producing Lagoons, but I'm not sure about it.
Jim Woodall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, lagoon