Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 13:51   #31
rom

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Lagoon 450f Arriving in November

Yeah congratulations on you new 450 ! you cannot go wrong with this boat !

This thread lately turned into a who's got the biggest anchor .. I have the smallest, 25 kg and it's the original lewmar delta.... full time cruiser, crossed the atlantic back & forth etc ... no problem here. Just to say 45 kg (really ?!) is totally overkill IMO. With 12mm chain (which is the most important factor here) I would probably invest in a 25 or 30 kg Spade if I had a L450.

Anyway, can you share how much you spent on the ARC subscription ? I might be interested in doing it this winter. Are they asking for any particular costly equipment to be onboard ?
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:45   #32

Boat: Lagoon 450f

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
Yeah congratulations on you new 450 ! you cannot go wrong with this boat !

This thread lately turned into a who's got the biggest anchor .. I have the smallest, 25 kg and it's the original lewmar delta.... full time cruiser, crossed the atlantic back & forth etc ... no problem here. Just to say 45 kg (really ?!) is totally overkill IMO. With 12mm chain (which is the most important factor here) I would probably invest in a 25 or 30 kg Spade if I had a L450.

Anyway, can you share how much you spent on the ARC subscription ? I might be interested in doing it this winter. Are they asking for any particular costly equipment to be onboard ?
Hi Rom

Yes the Rocna is overkill, I'm sure but we do like to anchor and it was easier for us to get the thing fitted on the new boat rather than to install ourselves were we to decide on one later on in our ownership...we have the 25kg Delta in a locker as a spare...

Re the ARC, we are doing ARC+ and a quick look at Ann's email shows that the cost of entry is £1600 and Crew X 4 is £700 with an early payment discount of £70, giving a total of £2220.

A PDF of the requirements and other information can be found here:

https://www.worldcruising.com/FAQ.aspx

We hope to meet fellow Lagoon owners and of course plenty of other folk on this adventure, anyone else booked the the 2018 crossing?

Nigel
slimnrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:03   #33

Boat: Lagoon 450F (Ordered-delivery July 2018)

Hi Nigel,

Congrats on your beautiful Lagoon. Great name/license plate by the way!
We will be receiving ours in August and join the ARC 2018.

First we also planned on doing the ARC+, until recent reports on Noonsite. We will be travelling with kids and my wife refuses to go near Cape Verde. I'm sure during the ARC+ there is much more social oversight, but I can't convince my wife. So we will probably arrive in Gran Canaria when you have already left.

Out of curiosity: the dinghy in the video looks quite big. Is it the 340CL from Highfield? Seems like it would hit the transom when lowering into the water. Optical illusion...?

Enjoy your beautiful boat!
Cheers!
Sapperdeflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:12   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperdeflap View Post
Hi Nigel,

Congrats on your beautiful Lagoon. Great name/license plate by the way!
We will be receiving ours in August and join the ARC 2018.

First we also planned on doing the ARC+, until recent reports on Noonsite. We will be travelling with kids and my wife refuses to go near Cape Verde. I'm sure during the ARC+ there is much more social oversight, but I can't convince my wife. So we will probably arrive in Gran Canaria when you have already left.

Out of curiosity: the dinghy in the video looks quite big. Is it the 340CL from Highfield? Seems like it would hit the transom when lowering into the water. Optical illusion...?

Enjoy your beautiful boat!
Cheers!
Thanks, our previous boat was called Breaking Bad so 'Saul Goodman was a given...

It's the C340, does not hit the transom, it needs strapping tightly but we are very happy with it, no problems crossing Biscay and it deploys very easily.

Shame we will not see you on the ARC+ but I'm sure that our paths will cross...when are you planning to go down to Tenerife? We will be End on July/Early August and hope to enjoy the Islands for a good spell before the big trip.

Who is your dealer? I trust that you are being looked after well...you have an amazing boat to look forward to
Old 06-03-2018, 07:45   #35

Boat: Lagoon 450F (Ordered-delivery July 2018)

Plans are to start cruising a bit down West of France until somewhere around Dune du Pilat and cross biscay from there. Cruising down Portugal, past Gibraltar and hoping to visit Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca, before racing towards Gran Canaria.

After arriving in St. Lucia we'll be heading north. Probably visiting the same islands as you will. We'll be keeping an eye out for Jimmy McGill

As for the dealer, we went with the Dutch dealer of Lagoon because we didn't want anything lost in translation.
Sapperdeflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:22   #36

Wow, a lot to squeeze in before you head to G Canaria! There’s a great Lagoon dealer in Porto and one in Alicante if you have any snags on the way - if you use the engines on the way south then there’s a good and inexpensive Yanmar rep in Cascais, Lisbon who can do the 50 hour service...was around €350 euros for us.

We think that we shall head straight up to Miami following arrival in Rodney Bay as we want to be there for NYE...but plans are made to change.

Look forward to hearing about your new boat

N
Old 09-05-2022, 09:34   #37

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
I went with a Mantus 105

And we are very satisfied. Never Never a Problem with holding

M
I have just bought the same Mantus 1 105 lb. I have however the problem on my L450 that it jams up under the crossbeam as soon as I try to drop it. Did you have the same issue?

The easiest solution would be to cut the 150mm of the anchor leg but this is not elegant. I feel there is a better way.

How did you solve this problem? Maybe you have some pictures? I would really appreciate your help.
Happy_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon