Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2018, 06:50   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450f
Lagoon 450 delivery trip, better very late than never!

well, i,ve finally found the time to put together some footage of the trip form les sables d'lonne to vilamoura, from november/december last year....

we've crossed biscay before, but at leisure and in a motor boat so this was with a bit of healthy anxiety that we headed out into the ocean on a brand new, untested boat.

needn't have worried, the boat performed perfectly, we only managed to sail between lisbon and the algarve but that was fine. the important thing was to get the boat home in one piece and snag any issues that arose, (none).

so the weather behaved, for most of the time, and when it got blowy it was from 180 with lovely big, regular rollers to ride down.

we managed to put 90 hours on the engines before lisbon so dropped in for a, ahem, 50 hour service and a quick ruby.

arriving in the algarve for the second time by boat was terrific, it seems to flatten out as you turn left at cabo st vicente and as we arrived in vilamoura i was left feeling very pleased with the boat and very much looking forward to the next few months of learning to sail....which is currently going very well thanks to youtube

i hope you enjoy the video, it won't give the daley adventure or the wynns a run for their money but it captures some of the moment fairly well.

atb nigel and ann

https://youtu.be/kfoGoLpSngw
slimnrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 08:48   #2

Boat: L42
Re: Lagoon 450 delivery trip, better very late than never!

Great video, I think you did an excellent job! I just started doing some editing and I think most people drastically underestimate how much work it is and how time consuming it is.

Looking forward to more, and please share how things are going with the new 450!

Thanks for sharing
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:23   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Hey Nigel,
thank you for the compliment! I can't watch the vid yet as I'm at work for the next month but i will defo be having a look when i can.
Spoiler alert... we are actually going to be doing the same sail this November so i'll watch with great interest.
Dave
Old 04-07-2018, 06:41   #4

Boat: Lagoon 50

Hey Nigel, great video!

I watched in the video that you have installed the "Electronic control system for the motors", can I ask you the reasons about behind this choice?
What do you think about this option now?

Thanks!
Alessandro
Alex78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex78 View Post
Hey Nigel, great video!

I watched in the video that you have installed the "Electronic control system for the motors", can I ask you the reasons about behind this choice?
What do you think about this option now?

Thanks!
Alessandro
Hi Alessandro

yes, we ordered the digital fly by wire controls, the reasoning being that for a year to two we plan to be a motor boat, mast down and on the Great Loop; so we might use the lower helm sometimes.

Mainly tho' its a nice option from the point of view that you can just use a finger and thumb to operate and for me, it takes a little of the drama out of the close quarter stuff that we sometimes do.

We are happy with it, its an expensive option but it works well - we came from 25 years in motor boats so anything we can do to mitigate our stupidity is important

In the grand scheme of things there are plenty of options that come higher in priority, Walk on top bimini, nice tender, water maker, lower helm nav, air con, generator and so on. imho.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Hey Nigel,
thank you for the compliment! I can't watch the vid yet as I'm at work for the next month but i will defo be having a look when i can.
Spoiler alert... we are actually going to be doing the same sail this November so i'll watch with great interest.
Dave
I will look forward to your critique!
Old 19-08-2018, 03:28   #7

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Just watched the video Nigel and Ann... very good indeed and you’ve inspired me to include more sailing clips in ours! Looked like a lovely trip.
Old 19-08-2018, 11:49   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Just watched the video Nigel and Ann... very good indeed and you’ve inspired me to include more sailing clips in ours! Looked like a lovely trip.
Thanks! More sailing clips - yes please....

It was a great trip, better than the sail we just did to Lanzarote, crappy sea the whole way - but did it in 4 days so happy with that.

Did you guys sail around the Canary Islands before you headed west or did you just stay in Las Palmas?

Tags
delivery, lagoon