Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2012, 21:56   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440
Lightbulb Lagoon 440 Owners Version Modifications

Am seriously considering converting the Lounge seat area in the owners cabin to a computer desk and cupboard combination removing the couch totally.

Owners of 440's do you deem this couch to be of use in your boat? I just dont get the reason why it's there like it's not somewhere you can sit for lengths of time? Put shoes on?? Have a nap???

We would much rather have a chest of drawers there instead....

If the timber panelling is available i think we may give it a go constructing it in the same style as all the joinery.

Any other ideas? Has anyone done similar in other designs???

Cheers.
Old 19-02-2012, 23:45   #2

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran
Re: Lagoon 440 Owners Version modifications

Just my personal preference but i would prefer to be working at my computer at nav station in saloon where I can keep watch wether at sea or anchor.

Guess the 440 nav station is not as good as some. Have been several St Francis 50 with ideal style of setup for me.

Interested to hear from some 440 owners re your question also
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SF50Galleynav station.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	37679   Click image for larger version

Name:	nav station.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	37681  

Attached Images

downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 00:05   #3

Thanks will still be keeping the Nav-computer at the Nav station. The area in the owners cabin has a small desk and an attached lounge, i'll keep using this that desk for our personal communication i.e. laptop for skype etc rather than combining nav with social.

Agree with your point re: nav area/vision.

More my point is to blend a chest of drawers to it in place of what i see as a very occasional not often used lounge.

The St Francis is a lovely boat.
Old 04-03-2012, 17:26   #4

Boat: Lagoon 440 (44'8")

Hi Lagoon4us,

We just bought a L440 as well and we're looking at doing some modifications, too.

I was thinking about removing the bench seat in the salon and replacing it with nice square solid stools that have storage space inside. There are few hand-rails while underway, but for living aboard I think we'll want the space.

What do you think?

Also, I was thinking about the couch, too. Even if there were a way to create more storage space underneath it may be worth keeping it.

I think the nav station on the L440 is actually pretty decent. It's facing forward and rather large.

Fair winds,
Myles
MylesK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 18:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesK1 View Post
Hi Lagoon4us,

We just bought a L440 as well and we're looking at doing some modifications, too.

I was thinking about removing the bench seat in the salon and replacing it with nice square solid stools that have storage space inside. There are few hand-rails while underway, but for living aboard I think we'll want the space.

What do you think?

Also, I was thinking about the couch, too. Even if there were a way to create more storage space underneath it may be worth keeping it.

I think the nav station on the L440 is actually pretty decent. It's facing forward and rather large.

Fair winds,
Myles
I like the Nav area and agree if set up well it's very user friendly. The stool idea i like if you can use it elsewhere now and then like in the cockpit at the table end.

I've done a drawing of the desk/chest of drawers for down below and it looks very usable.

We will put the micro-wave on hanging brackets above the galley bench close to the cockpit door to free up space above the stove. Private message me your email and ill send pic's

Cheers Frank

Tags
lagoon, Lagoon 440