Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2016, 01:26   #1

Boat: Lagoon 500
Lagoon 2012 500 swim ladder repair

repairing swim ladder on a lagoon 500 the nylon slides each side of the swim ladder are broken at the stern end, I believe ladder is the same as on the 440 the 500 hull is larger and the ladder dose not hang down properly causing too much strain on nylon slides at the end. I thing its a design fault. anybody know if lagoon has a replacement part, has anybody had trouble
regards
Alan Taylor
Alan Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 06:57   #2

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Lagoon 2012 500 swim ladder repair

I had the very same problem with my lagoon 440 - so I guess it's not the issue of lagoon 500 size but a general design flaw for both makes. I have no idea if lagoon sells spare slides, but I wouldn't buy one - it's just a matter of time until it breaks again, especially if you are tall and heavy guy like me.

I have got custom made stainless steel sliders at local workshop - cost me a fortune, but looks incredibly strong - although haven't got a chance to properly test it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Taylor View Post
repairing swim ladder on a lagoon 500 the nylon slides each side of the swim ladder are broken at the stern end, I believe ladder is the same as on the 440 the 500 hull is larger and the ladder dose not hang down properly causing too much strain on nylon slides at the end. I thing its a design fault. anybody know if lagoon has a replacement part, has anybody had trouble
regards
Alan Taylor
saulius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2016, 19:34   #3

Boat: Lagoon 500
Re: Lagoon 2012 500 swim ladder repair

Saulius,
thanks for the reply, I have fixed my slides, this info may help other Lagoon owners, the slides are left and right handed, I simply switched them from 1 side to the other, did not replace 1 bolt at the end of the slide near the water, as that were the slide broke, I drilled and bolted the slides from the top of slide verticaly 3 bolts on each side.
regards
Alan
Alan Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon