Hey all, hope everyone is well. Iíd thought Iíd give a bit of an update as weíve a few jobs ongoing on the boat
at the mo.
1. There were 2 small hairline cracks in the grp decking on the Stbd side just by the front of the salon
2. Weíve had an issue with dripping water
coming thru the head
lining inside the salon
at the welds on both front opening windows in the salon.
4. Water heater
anode is still depleting.
5. New hob (cooktop) and oven
6. Near miss fire coming from battery
7. New sofa in salon.
8. New Code Zero
and 2:1 halyard
Thereís a load of other smaller ongoing jobs but the above are probably the most interesting.
1 - 4 are all being handled under warranty by Lagoon
and seems to be going well. Iím pretty sure the internal water leak was caused by condensation
finding its way to the highest point and then dripping down from the bolts that secure the blocks to the deck
havenít been able to reproduce the leaks
but are replacing the lining for me.
3. Both windows replaced.
4. Seems thereís no stray current
so this is ongoing as Iíve now changed 2 anodes in 18 months.
5. New hob is in but Iím waiting to get the right gas fitting. Oven
is being shipped this week I hope. We went for Smeg appliances
6. I started another thread about the fire and I learned a lot about heat transfer thru fuses
with high loads! Very lucky near miss tho, please take care with electrics.
7. The new sofa is AMAZING!!! I canít recommend Angel in Cartagena
enough. Pics will follow. We gave away all the lagoon ones and started from scratch. I fitted new bases that are 100mm deeper and we went with a thicker / softer foam for the base and back. Hayley of course chose the fabric
8. Iím super excited about the new code zero
which will hopefully be getting cut soon. Iíve gone BIG! 105m2 so hopefully weíll be flying in the light Mediterranean
winds. Iíve got my Facnor FX4500+ furler
so I bought the 2:1 block to match and used my old 12mm main halyard
. The sail is being cut fat enough to sail 110-120 degrees.
Hopefully Iíll have some pics next week for you of the salon.