Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 15:20   #31

Boat: Lagoon 400 Cat
Re: Installing External IridiumGO antenna

I mounted my Iridium go on the wood panel facing forward on the galley cupboard. Easy access to the AC where my TV is plugged into. I mounted the external antennae inside the bimini and have great results
Old 17-07-2017, 04:27   #32

Dave,

you have installed your antenna on the davits.

Did you have to drill any holes in the hull and if yes, where? Was is easy to get the cables from the davits to the nav desk and what is the best way to get them through the hull?

PS: I am getting best results (four to five bars) when placing the antenna on the davits too.
Yatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 06:08   #33

Location: San Diego, California - Read about our circumnavigation at www.rutea.com
Boat: Contest 48

In 2009 we purchased an Iridium 9555 handset with a docking station and external antenna, which we mounted on the pushpit rail. In 2015, we 'lost' the 9555 and bought an Iridium Go! which we connected to the existing external antenna. Still works great.

Fair winds and calm seas.
nhschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 15:35   #34

Boat: Lagoon 450

To install on the davit I took the outer part off and took it to a stainless workshop and they welded on a plate with holes so I could bolt the bracket. There was one external hole I made next to the davit support . See picture, have to be careful not to put the hole on wrong side of internal support. Then I ran through the hole with the wires and heating tubes - a bit hard to push through the foam but got there. Next took bedroom side panels off for access hole. Easy to run all the way to nav table after getting through the foam. 40ft wire. 5 bar signal nearly always.

Cheers
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_e5b.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	152084  
DavefromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, iridium