Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2020, 15:00   #1

Boat: Lagoon, 450F, 45 feet
Ice Maker water shut off valve

I have an ice maker on my 2016 Lagoon 450F.

The ice maker worked great during our survey, however it is not working now.

The ice maker gets very cold and the mechanical unit in the ice maker is spinning when the unit is turned on. Everything looks like it is working perfectly, but still no ice.

I'm thinking that the water flow to the unit is turned off.

I tried communicating with the crew of the previous owner, but they only speak Spanish and I couldn't work through the translation issues.

Does anyone know if there is a valve that controls the water flow to the ice maker and where that valve would be located on the vessel?

I have spent a lot of time looking for it (especially in the Port aft cabin where the water pump and water tank directional valves are located) but so far I can't find it.

When I pulled the ice maker out, it looks like the water supply line was running towards the Starboard side of the vessel. but I have not been able to locate where the water supply line attaches to the water supply.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Jimmy30379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 01:37   #2

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: Ice Maker water shut off valve

I don't know if you have found it yet but on my 2014 450 it's down in the starboard hull. It's under the floor panel at the bottom of the steps to the salon. Mine is a red handled lever on the side of the icemaker filter (a tall blue "bottle" attached to the rear wall between hull sections).
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 04:15   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

Before you dig in too deeply, consider turning everything off and giving it time to thaw. The water flow to ice makers often freezes where the water first enters the cold zone, blocking the flow. Since everything else appears to be working and someone turning it off is not all that probable, your rig sounds like a candidate for this problem. Good luck with it.
Old 21-05-2020, 08:13   #4

Boat: Lagoon, 450F, 45 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
I don't know if you have found it yet but on my 2014 450 it's down in the starboard hull. It's under the floor panel at the bottom of the steps to the salon. Mine is a red handled lever on the side of the icemaker filter (a tall blue "bottle" attached to the rear wall between hull sections).
THANKS FOR THAT INFO!!!!

I have not found the shutoff valve and I have been focusing on the port side, as that is where the majority of the water controls are and where the water maker is located.

I'm heading to the boat tomorrow and will search under the starboard stairs.

Thanks again!!

-Jimmy
Jimmy30379 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water