Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2015, 13:08   #16

Boat: Maxim 38 ft catamaran
Re: Gas struts - Help!!!!

Available from Struts are us Robina Gold Coast
Jacana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:43   #17

Boat: Lagoon 440, Hull#111

Bansbach Easylift are another great option for stainless steel versions and they seem to have more with higher pressures in the shorter sizes.

Gas Springs - Stainless Steel - Bansbach Easylift
Old 08-05-2015, 03:23   #18

Boat: Leopard 50

After searching fruitlessly for new ones for our 440, I took another's suggestion and took mine into a local gas strut supplier (just google a local one like this shop in Brisbane ... http://www.gasstrutsales.com.au/) and he just added more gas .... took 15 minutes and $30.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Boardshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 14:51   #19

Boat: Lagoon 440, Hull#111

Was he able to confirm that there wasn't a seal leak that caused it to lose pressure initially?
Old 08-05-2015, 19:12   #20

Boat: currently boatless

Hello all,
just an update on our gas struts. I sourced a business called Strut Regas at Wickham in Newcastle NSW. Took the old struts in and they initially advised that they could replace them and it would only take two days and they would ring when ready. Great
A week later getting very close to our departure date still no call so I call to find out whats happening. Told buy owner that he is expecting them in any second and he would ring when they were in. Great .
Three days later still no call so I go in as we are days away from leaving and I need the old gas strut that I took in to show what was needed.
Speak with owner who gets a bit shirty as he had told me that he would ring when they are ready. I get a tad shirty myself and reply yes but you also said it would only take two days and then three days ago the delivery was due any second. He goes off in a huff saying "I'll have them make them up now" WHAT ten days and after telling me he was waiting for them to come in then he says that they make them there .
15 minutes later I walk out with 4 new gas struts and old regassed one. He could not even get the order right as I wanted 8. Ten days to do 15 minutes work and still get the order wrong. I am really happy with the new struts they work very well just very disappointed in the service.

Greg, Sue and the Bella the sea dog.
SV Sunshine
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 21:52   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardshorts View Post
After searching fruitlessly for new ones for our 440, I took another's suggestion and took mine into a local gas strut supplier (just google a local one like this shop in Brisbane ... Gas Strut Sales and Service) and he just added more gas .... took 15 minutes and $30.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Thanks Boardshorts that shop just up the road from Manly Harbor had the exact strut ends used by Lagoon that I needed and $2 each so lashed out and got some spares as well. I have been trying to source from the manufacturer of the Struts in UK and Lagoon since last year with no Luck. So now I am sorted.
PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote