Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2016, 10:53   #16

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2
Re: discharge tube clogged

Thanks Jugga, I will let you know how I get on, I will have to leave it for a week because I am flying home (currently in Spain).
Old 05-12-2016, 03:09   #17

Thanks Jugga! Great explanation of a messy job.

Can I suggest a couple of modifications / improvements to your procedure?

(a) Replacing the small inspection opening on the shower wall panel that accesses the top of the holding tank with a larger white hatch. Cutting the sealant and unscrewing this panel is a pain, and the small round opening is useless.

(b) Instead of ending your procedure with a shower and getting drunk; I respectfully suggest drinking at a much earlier stage of proceedings.

Merry Christmas
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormed View Post
My Hunter 38 from 2005 came equipped with a 3 way valve, BW tank or overboard. It is a great solution, just do move the Y-valve VERY regularly or the dreaded ureum cristals will block it and impossible to move without disassembly.
Thanks Sailormed.

The standard system on the L400 Owner's version head has pipework from toilet to top of holding tank (5 metres ) then discharge from bottom of holding tank to large through-hull valve (1.5 metres pipe).

To modify to give a "straight overboard " option would require an additional "Y" valve, a large Tee and a couple of extra metres of sanitary hose pipe.

Not sure if this additional plumbing would improve the reliability of the system or add to the "clogging problem".
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:03   #19

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2

Hi Jugga,
Thanks to you, PaulinOz and Tuskie, I approached the task with confidence. I managed to get the long pipe out after considerable difficulty, made easier with the long arm of a friend in cutting the zip tie behind the black tank, lots of abrasions on arm. I cleaned the pipe out with a pipe cleaning accessory on my power washer, good as new. I managed to get all zip ties done except for one; I left a mouse line in place in case I need to do it again although I don't plan on doing it.
Now for the Port head which will be much easier!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58   #20

Boat: lagoon 400s2

Happy days !
jugga is offline   Reply With Quote