Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2022, 07:00   #1

Boat: 1996 Freedom 40/40
Question Boat sitting

Hello All -

I'm hoping y'all could give me some assistance - I'm helping a friend out, walking his dog, ensuring his Lagoon doesn't sink....ya know the all important things.

I am so vastly unfamiliar with any multihull as I'm a liveaboard on a monohull. Never knew a boat could have so much room

Anyway, I have located the control panel - I'm guessing the boat has only 1, yes?

I was looking for it because I noticed a nasty smell and well, it's cuz one of the heads is filled with the most awesome black water. Which doesn't leave when I hit the switches. I believe I have found the pump but I dunno. Any guidance?

Also, I can't figure out how to turn on his freshwater.

I found a couple of owner's manuals online and have reviewed them - I am guessing that even though his boat setup is different than what's in the manuals, the idea and location of items is essentially the same.

TIA
AnniesKite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 17:15   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 2016 Lagoon 450F 45'
Re: Boat sitting

Send a picture of the control panel; have a service come and Vacuum is out from the top sides. The water pump should be labeled “water pressure “ on the far right side of the control panel.
Houston450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 07:16   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

The switch panel is not required for this with Lagoons. To empty the tanks into the sea while underway, just open the seacocks (parallel to the though hull fittings) and gravity will empty the tanks. Depending on the boat, the valves are located under the floorboards behind the door to the stern cabins. In the owner's cabin, in the cabinet at the bottom left behind the bathroom door.

To be able to pump out the stuff, a suction hose must be inserted from the outside. In the 4 cabin version the tank caps are near the shrouds ("waste", near "water"), one per tank, in the owner's version starboard tank cap is in front of the saloon starboard.

Odor also occurs when there is water in the toilets, if they have seawater flush. Then just flush through and finish with a fresh water flush from a bucket or something.
Ulstue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 07:45   #4

Do these boats typically have tank monitors so you can see how full the holding tanks are?
leecea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2022, 08:08   #5

Boat: Lagoon 450 F

varies from boat to boat.
Ulstue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat