Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2015, 18:48   #1
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'
Yucatan, Mexico to Rio Dulce, Guatemala in January?

Anyone headed to Rio Dulce in January? I would rather crew than take the bus. If it is a possibility please let me know, I will be headed back to my own boat. I am in Tulum, Thanks
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24   #2

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Yucatan, Mexico to Rio Dulce, Guatemala in January?

Might be a challenge to find a ride in January, most are head out of the Rio by then.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:38   #3
cruiser

True that, Belizesailor! I need to find some stragglers.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57   #4

Boat: Seafarer36c

So would they need to come into that little anchorage near the ruins to pick you up?
Have you thought about taking a boat from PG? We once checked out of PG in the morning, at the same time as another couple going by water taxi to the Rio. We met them again at Burnt Key that eve. They think they had to go to Porto Barrios and then back up. Might be more interesting than the chicken bus ride from Flores.
Old 11-12-2015, 13:26   #5

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
So would they need to come into that little anchorage near the ruins to pick you up?
Have you thought about taking a boat from PG? We once checked out of PG in the morning, at the same time as another couple going by water taxi to the Rio. We met them again at Burnt Key that eve. They think they had to go to Porto Barrios and then back up. Might be more interesting than the chicken bus ride from Flores.
Quicker too. This used to be my regular "commute". Fly into PG, boat to Guate, vice-versa. There are more boats running direct to Livingston now. Memo will always drop off in Livingson if he has a few passengers for there or for a little extra.

Catch an AM boat if you can, its usually smoother. Requina leaves at 9AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 17:11   #6
cruiser

Quote:
Yes that would be good Guy, I'll just swim out to the boat and off we go!

No, I'll come meet you in Isla Mujeres, or Puerto Morelos.

A water taxi from Punta Gorda could be an option, I haven't done that yet. The buses from Flores are not the problem, It is the buses through Belize that I don't like, plus a possible overnight in Belize and they also ding you thirty bucks to leave the country even if you arrived the same day. Flying to PG from Cancun is very expensive! So back to my crewing offer: Anyone Headed to Rio Dulce? Power or sail. I am willing to come meet you ahead of time to talk it over, also I have done this passage before and am very familiar with Rio Dulce. If you need to haul out, the Rio Dulce is the cheapest place and February through March is the best time (weather wise).

Tags
Guatemala, Mexico, yucatan