Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2015, 22:45   #1

Boat: Islander 34
Young sailing couple looking to crew in Puddle Jump

My boyfriend and I are looking to crew on a boat in the 2015 or 2016 Pacific Puddle Jump. My boyfriend is a boat captain and currently works full time as a sail boat charter captain here in San Diego (Captain Kevin Rickon-Sailing San Diego since '88- - Captains Statement). I work part time on a 60ft catamaran taking charters out around San Diego Bay. We both have sailing experience, but have not yet done an ocean crossing. We are looking to travel for 6 months to a year. We would like to crew on a boat to the French Polynesian islands then eventually on to New Zealand. We would be happy to help with work on the boat. We own an Islander 34 and have taken her on trips around southern California. Kevin is 27, a life long member of San Diego Yacht Club and knowledgable about boats and mechanics. I am 28 and can help with sailing, watches, cleaning, and cooking. We are both easy going and up for adventure! Please contact me if you need crew we would love to join you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2972.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	401.9 KB
ID:	106013  
Old 01-08-2015, 11:10   #2

Boat: PRIVILEGE 48 CAT
Re: Young sailing couple looking to crew in Puddle Jump

HI GUYS,
INTERESTED IN YOUR POSTING.
WE ARE A NZ. COUPLE WITH 48FT PRIVILEGE CAT HEADING IN THAT DIRECTION AND TIME LINE.
WE ARE BASED IN ARIZONA.
IF INTERESTED IN HAVING A CHAT,OUR CONTACT # 503 8667444 OR ADVISE YOUR #.FOR US TO CALL.
CHEERS VAUGHAN / LESLEY
Old 02-08-2015, 17:07   #3

Boat: Piper Comanche 250
Re: Young sailing couple looking to crew in Puddle Jump

I'm replying with my long term plans in the event you have future interest. I plan to buy a 58' catamaran in California, outfit her as a live aboard dive boat, and sail her to Grand Cayman where she will be operated in alliance with an established dive operation as a high end charter, possibly between Grand Cayman and Cuba, or around Cayman. I'm a novice sailor and need a crew to sail her from California to Cayman and operate her there. The current time frame is to be in operation by this time next year or sooner. The compensation may include part ownership or profit sharing. I'm just starting my search for a captain and crew so please let me know you have any interest so that we can stay in touch and determine if our plans align.

Best regards,

Jay Harris
jayharris96@gmail.com

Tags
crew, sail, sailing