Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2015, 20:31   #1

Young, offshore experienced skipper/crew available for delivery, charter, or cruising

Hello all,

I'm wrapping up my most recent gig in southern California and will be available as Skipper or Crew from early September onward - hoping for USA East Coast, Caribbean, or Latin America (most of my navigation experience here)....but very open to other opportunities as well!

I'm a 23 year old lifelong sailor, with a BS in Neuroscience, and have been taking time before med school to sail, travel, and work around the world. To date, my offshore log stands at 19,400 nm on a wide variety of vessels (25 to 65ft LOA) in all conditions (calm to storm), solo, crewed, as skipper, and everything in between. I hold numerous certifications from US Sailing and American Sailing Association, including instructor and offshore certs. I'm a trained EMT and lifeguard, have experience with marine diesel, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, fiberglass, and rigging repair/maintenance. I'm competent with various navigation techniques, anchoring in all conditions, and boathandling across the board. In addition, I'm an avid watersports enthusiast - diving, kayaking, paddleboarding, snorkeling, fishing/spearfishing, etc whenever possible. I run my own little charter business on the side as well, and love teaching sailing to newbies. I've been working as a small boat instructor for the last 3 months at a kids camp on Catalina Island, and miss long-distance offshore sailing.

Happy to provide tons of positive references from dozens of previous gigs as delivery skipper, charter skipper, cruising crew, sailing instructor, etc etc etc.

Please contact me via email at vincent.mattiola(at)gmail.com.

Cheers,

Vinny
Old 27-07-2015, 19:49   #2

Re: Young, offshore experienced skipper/crew available for delivery, charter, or crui

Hi going from Annoplis to New Orleans on a 47 sail. Jumping down the coast starting Labor Day. Pay expenses if you work out.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
charter, crew, crew available, cruising, delivery, enc, offshore, skipper