Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2014, 06:27   #1

Young, fit, experienced male crew for ARC 1500

Hello all,

Due to some unforeseen circumstances my current gig as crew from Maine to USVI is on hold for a few weeks and I'm available to crew for any ARC Carib 1500 boats headed south.

I'm 22, a recent college grad with a degree in Neuroscience, putting med school on hold for a few years to travel/sail and work for a nonprofit. I've been working various paid and unpaid jobs as crew for the last 6 months or so - and keen to keep at it!

Formally, I've completed up to ASA 104 Bareboat Chartering and am a US Sailing Level 1 Instructor, but I'm also working toward my USCG OUPV 6pack license. I'm capable of acting as skipper or crew on a variety of vessels, with experience in both roles up to 50ft LOA. I'm comfortable with basic to intermediate diesel mechanics, all boat electronics systems, navigation, foul weather tactics, sail handling, etc and can provide positive references upon request. I'm also a certified EMT, so comfortable handling medical emergencies at sea.

Outside of sailing, I'm an avid outdoorsman - hiking, biking, kayaking, climbing, fishing whenever I can....and I'm pretty handy in the galley too. I can whip up a damn good margarita as well. I'm very easy to get along with, and bring overwhelmingly positive energy to my roles sailing. In truth, I simply love to sail.....so any day on the water is better than a day on land, in my book.

I'm currently in Newport, RI but able to travel to....well....anywhere to meet the right boat. I'm hoping for a gig with the ARC Carib 1500 ideally because the timing is perfect for meeting my other boat in the USVI in 3 weeks. That's not to say that I'd turn down another great opportunity headed south though. Anything to escape this cold.

Feel free to call or email me at your convenience.

Vinny Mattiola
48455081twotwo
vincent.mattiola (at) gmail.com

Tags
arc, crew, enc