Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2014, 11:49   #16

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat
Re: World cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by moji View Post
I'm the captain and owner of 55 ' catch in Vancouver , I have a chartering company and I love to join on your adventure.
Thanks Moji

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

So do you propose to join the journey with your ketch flotilla style?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 30-11-2014, 11:57   #17
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Why so shy about naming the charity by name? There's no forum rule against it.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:57   #18

Hello, I am interested in humanitarian work and want to crewon sailing vessel.

I have sailing and other great life experience.

Let’s start a dialog.

Please email me michaelcirclewider@yahoo.com

Michael Hubman

714-688-1005
Old 08-12-2014, 20:31   #19

Hello Again,

In my last post I did not mention that I have been doing humanitarian work for the last eight years. I operate a charity named Watercorps we provide bulk drinking water to the homeless people of Skid Row Los Angeles. I have a lot of experience in the humanitarian water delivery field. I am interested in all aspects of relief and development water. I have been thinking and planning various disaster relief and development water schemes from the start. Michael “Waterman” Hubman http://watercorps.nethttp://righttosharefood.org.
Michaelcirclewider at yahoo dot com 714-227-2217
Old 09-12-2014, 15:08   #20

Boat: Gulfstar 50 MKll

From the Captain. Sorry if we miss replies or we are late to get back to you. We have many people responding and we are busy getting the vessel ready and other aspects. We are not looking for just a cook, a hired Captain, or couples traveling. We are looking for serious sailors who want to venture out to remote areas of the world and learn most of their skills as they go. We need partners, determined people who want to work to make this effort successful. If you Scuba dive, have photography skills, have offshore experience that is a bonus. Over the last few months I have selected 2 new crew members out of dozens who have contacted us. The main reason they where chosen as they are keen, ready to learn, have skills in their life already but they are both non offshore passage sailors. We have had very few female applicants. It would be best if you emailed me directly at timeforsunandsea@gmail dot com. Our journey is going to last several years and so far I have only about 20% of the crew I need. I realize few can come for the whole journey and do not expect that. I have many who come and go and many who are good friends that join in when they can. The vessel needs a few more who are thinking a long term experience. We leave in January for a tour of the Caribbean which will be a nice break from the snow around me. Happy sailing everyone.
Old 09-12-2014, 15:27   #21
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

When you keep the name of the charity a secret, it becomes hard for anyone to look into the legitimacy of the "charity" claim. Here in the US there are many claims to be charities, some genuinely are, others run up huge overhead costs and effectively are not. Some others, like Watercorps, have no formal status as charities at all. Which doesn't mean they aren't real, just that the legal status of everything to do with them becomes different. Including, of course, the risks.
Old 09-12-2014, 20:13   #22

From the Captain. The charity has nothing to do with the ship or is it the reason for us trying to find crew. The world cruise has nothing to do with the charity. The sailing adventure is just something the Captain wants to do at this point in his life. The charity is something the Captain has been working on since 1999 and will continue to work on the rest of his life. It is something many others back home are involved with too. The crew on board at the time the vessel is in Haiti normally wants to join in. In 2015 the vessel will only be in Haiti a total of 3 weeks. It is not a case of keeping anything secret but disclosing names, websites, email addresses on the web is not a good idea. I get enough junk mail thru the charities website as it is. If you want to support Haiti contact me directly at the email address I gave you. You can easily search the government of Canada's website for officially government registered charities and find us there. I would be happy to disclose this information via private email. Better still you can phone my friends in Haiti and discuss what we have been doing there for many years. Thank you.

Haiti, charities and sailing there.
Our overhead is 0000.00. All money, every dime, goes to Haiti. Nothing related to the boat, the crew, or anything else has money spent on it from any donation we receive. I myself donate all costs of my vessel, its operational costs, its maintenance, anything to do with it or myself. Many in Canada donate all their time and effort and have done so for years. I agree many charities have caused problems with get rich schemes and many governments have ruined the thought of many supporting charities. We stay quiet, humble and get the job done without fanfare. Many small independent charities in Haiti are doing wonders. It is these small charities that deserve more recognition but never get it. All I can say is there are many around the world who do amazing work. I have worked beside people who are "Saints". There are many worthy causes out there that need good people behind them. In Haiti you can save a life for 3 dollars. That is the cost to send someone terribly ill to the Missionary Doctors by water taxi (Doctors from Canada, USA, Cuba, France etc who come and work for free for 4 months at a time). The local people can not afford even 3 dollars and they stay home and perish. A school teacher gets paid 500 US a year. With 95% unemployment, if you get a job, you hope to make 3 dollars a day. For 400 Dollars we will have our Haitian crew build a water cistern for free that will provide safe clean water to many families for life. For 5,000 dollars we will have our Haitian crew build you a fish pond all by their hands, stock it with fish, install aeration pumps connected to our solar system we installed and put your name on this new fish pond. The fish are sold at fair value to the local people. Any profits go back into the fish farms. Wild fish stocks have crashed and many are hungry. These facts are why the Captain enjoys sailing to Haiti and helping out. He encourages many to sail there and is happy to tell you how you can do it safely. Working there is good for your soul and theirs. At some point we need to stop debating the problems and debate how to make it better while getting it done
Aple Tah - Creole for at peace tomorrow.
Old 22-12-2014, 12:05   #23

Hello,

I am interested in joining you in March next year. I sent you an email.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Michal Malina
Old 30-12-2014, 12:07   #24

There will be 4 vessels in Haiti. We will be heading out from there on our own. In Haiti the main focus this year is to get the fish ponds working better which includes installing aeration pumps and cutting back the jungle that creeps in all the time. Humanitarian work after Haiti is not the main focus. However it sounds like we might be delivering a large load of hockey equipment to the Inuit in Ungava Bay, northern Quebec, Canada, late next summer. Other vessels are welcome to join in. Scuba diving, photography, journalism is key to our goals. Skills in these areas really help. We are looking for serious, motivated, keen people who might not necessarily have allot of experience. It will be based on a cost sharing effort but if we land some contract work as in documentaries or dive charters that will be shared. The vessel is due to be launched next week. There is some minor upgrades to be completed and then it heads out from Virginia thru the Bahamas to Haiti. We are still looking for new people to be involved over the next few years. Best to email direct to timeforsunandsea@gmail dot com. A website, Facebook page, direct email is in the works. All information on all aspects or our efforts will soon be released. Thank you.

Tags
cruise