Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2015, 16:43   #1

Boat: Erikson 27
West Coast seeking local Passage.

Able and Fit crew available to assist with short transits on the west coast this summer. I'm looking at getting into a larger vessle this next year,and I want to gain a better feel to judge hull performance. Strong preference for 35'+ sailing near to Astoria/Portland
Ill be working on contract wildfire so my schedule is limited, hence the short duration limitation, also short notice is better than several weeks out.

Fast learner with limited blue water exposure seeking experience and references on here for longer transits this fall/winter.
Certified diver with gear
I'll cover all costs locally
Available for longer transits with a $100 donation to offset return costs.
I'm a collected person with a calm disposition (so long as I can't walk on the keel) & and years of experience on boats, mostly fresh water.
Old 15-06-2015, 15:54   #2

Re: West Coast seeking local Passage.

Tacoma, WA to Newport Beach, CA within your wheelhouse? Would be last week of June, first week of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 20-06-2015, 07:23   #3

Boat: CT-41

I am in Ilwaco, Washington, right across the river from Astoria. Planning down the coast to California, then on to Mexico, and South Pacific on a CT-41 Ketch, hopefully in August. Finishing 2-1/2 year refit on the boat, and will do local shake down before crossing the bar. Looking for 2 crew with some experience. Dog on board.
Old 25-06-2015, 20:32   #4

Boat: Erikson 27

Sorry for the delay gentleman, I've been on a fire.

Breencp, a month ago I would have jumped, but right now, I think I better stay local.

Vino, I would be interested in running the shakedown with you, and we can chat about the long run. PM me.
Old 25-06-2015, 22:31   #5

Saw this on MeetUp:
Looking for 1-2 more crew to head up to Port Angeles from Portland.

Trip will include some celestial navigation practice on way up, so this is a chance to learn how to do sun and star shots with a sextant and reduce and plot the sights for a fix.

Looking for crew with sailing experience and preferably offshore experience. Must be able to share watch duties. Sailing a Hunter 33 equipped with chart plotter, autopilot, radar, ais, and sextant. Also equipped with brand new EPIRB and 8 man life raft.

Dennis

I can PM you his contact info if interested
Old 25-06-2015, 22:37   #6

Another one from MeetUp:
The S/V Aquilla is currently sailing in Canada enroute to the San Juans and is in need of additional crew for the return trip to Portland.

S/V Aquilla is a 40' Hunter sailboat with a fully enclosed cockpit.

You could board either at Friday Harbor on 7/10 or Port Angeles on 7/11. You can then get off at Astoria on 7/13 or go all the way to Portland on 7/15. I made the trip up from Portland to Friday Harbor at the beginning of the month and I can attest to the seamanship of Captain Snow and the seaworthiness of the Aquilla.

If you are interested please text or call Captain Snow at xxxxxxxxxxx. This is an excellent opportunity to get some coastal experience as well as crossing the Columbia Bar with someone that has done it many times. .........you will need to talk to Captain Snow directly. Fair winds. Chris

I can PM phone number if interested

Tags
cal, passage, west coast