Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 12:19   #1

We Are Going to Sail in the 2011 Baja-HaHa

We are a down to earth non-stereotypical Gay couple with not alot of sailing experience who own a Ketch rigged Hudson Force 50 Motor Sailboat currently berthed in Emeryville CA (San Francisco East Bay). She has been undergoing a complete refit for the last 18 months (we have been doing most of the work ourselves) and we are planning on heading south to participate in this years Baja-haha Baja Ha-Ha Cruisers Rally: Sailing from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas (San Diego to Cabo San Lucas). Our boat is a blue water sailing yacht which is not very fast but spacious, comfortable and stable. We are considering taking additional crew (1-2 people). No experience is necessary but a willingness to learn and be part of the crew is essential. This means making a commitment to help us get her ready and of course during the HaHa. We would prefer other Gay sailors but it is not a requirement. We are straight friendly and pretty good guys so If you are cool with that, so are we.

The basics:

*Good attitude
*NO DRUGS
*Willingness to work as part of the crew beginning at the time you and us agree you will be part of the crew.
*Skippers word is final.
*Provide your own transportation to and from ports.
*Share in expense of food/fuel
*Alcohol/Activities are on your own dime
*Understand that you may be asked to debark at anytime at any populated port that offers transportation at the sole discretion of the Skipper
*You must be able to provide your own transportation from the boat to anywhere you want to go.

These are just the basics but you get the idea. We are going to continue south to La Paz and sail in the Sea of Cortez for the winter so there may be an opportunity to continue with us if we offer it.

DJ
Old 12-07-2011, 13:36   #2
abi

Re: We Are Going to Sail in the 2011 Baja-HaHa

Myself and boyfriend would love to join you! We both have sailing experience and I have a competent crew certificate. We live in Oakland SF and are available for those dates. I think we would have a great time, we are both very easy going and get on with most people. Perhaps we could meet for a coffee or beer?? Call 530 414 5345 or email. Thanks!
Old 16-07-2011, 00:32   #3

Hi there,

My name is Frances, I'm writing on behalf of myself and my friend Lane. We have limited experience sailing in the Winter series harbour races in Auckland, but are handy, competent under pressure and comfortable on the water. We are easy going but dependable, and are basically after an opportunity to learn to sail, for good company and good stories. We are not a gay couple, we are good friends, both daughters of awesome lesbian mothers, you guys sound like great company!

We are currently in Auckland but already have plans to travel to California and head south, and your trip sounds like a dream, please take us.

Thank you,

Frances.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:00   #4

Hi DJ,
My name is Madeline. I’m very comfortable and consider myself to be part of the gay community. Probably because I was raised by my father, who is a gay man so that departments not a big deal for me. I was scheduled to participate in the Baja Haha this fall but unfortunately my Captain will not be able to after all. So I am still very excited and willing to commit to this experience. I have a deep desire and willingness to continue to learn and build my sailing skills and abilities. I was a Sea Scout in high school. We did many trips from Dana Point to Catalina Island. This past semester of college I took a Capri 14 class. (I know their tiny boats but hey it’s experience.) This past month I crewed in the Leukemia Cup, The race around the Islands, and helped my Captain do a few Charters. It’s necessary that I sail with healthy and positive people so if you think that that’s you and you’re still looking for crew for any event even if its just day sailing or beer can races please e-mail me. I’m currently living in Half Moon Bay. I have my own transportation to come meet you guys and your boat.
Fair winds!
Madeline
Mstark6@saddleback.edu
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rdj View Post
We are a down to earth non-stereotypical Gay couple with not alot of sailing experience who own a Ketch rigged Hudson Force 50 Motor Sailboat currently berthed in Emeryville CA (San Francisco East Bay). She has been undergoing a complete refit for the last 18 months (we have been doing most of the work ourselves) and we are planning on heading south to participate in this years Baja-haha Baja Ha-Ha Cruisers Rally: Sailing from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas (San Diego to Cabo San Lucas). Our boat is a blue water sailing yacht which is not very fast but spacious, comfortable and stable. We are considering taking additional crew (1-2 people). No experience is necessary but a willingness to learn and be part of the crew is essential. This means making a commitment to help us get her ready and of course during the HaHa. We would prefer other Gay sailors but it is not a requirement. We are straight friendly and pretty good guys so If you are cool with that, so are we.

The basics:

*Good attitude
*NO DRUGS
*Willingness to work as part of the crew beginning at the time you and us agree you will be part of the crew.
*Skippers word is final.
*Provide your own transportation to and from ports.
*Share in expense of food/fuel
*Alcohol/Activities are on your own dime
*Understand that you may be asked to debark at anytime at any populated port that offers transportation at the sole discretion of the Skipper
*You must be able to provide your own transportation from the boat to anywhere you want to go.

These are just the basics but you get the idea. We are going to continue south to La Paz and sail in the Sea of Cortez for the winter so there may be an opportunity to continue with us if we offer it.

DJ

Tags
baja, crew wanted, gay, sail, san francisco