Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2015, 15:54   #1

Boat: Shuttleworth Advantage 44
volunteer, catamaran FL - Caribbean mid Oct-Dec

Offshore/bluewater passage Catamaran experience required.

I previously posted an ad on cruiser's forum:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ns-147472.html (click for more details)

I now have one position open that starts mid October and goes til the start of December. This is a family friendly boat, couple or person with child/children are welcome providing you fit in one cabin (double bed plus single berth if needed.)

We would be traveling from Florida to the Bahamas and either working down the thorny passage to the Caribbean/ US BVI etc or - taking the I65 - route crossing from northern Bahamas to a 5-7 day passage down directly to the Northern Caribbean, and then proceeding to enjoy the various islands as we head south.

The ship is in excellent condition, well maintained and equipped. Would you be interested in coming along for this leg of the voyage? Can you tell me more about your experience? Please feel free to contact me directly at tmcouts at gmail dot com.
Old 31-08-2015, 00:04   #2

Boat: MARTIN 32
Re: volunteer, catamaran FL - Caribbean mid Oct-Dec

Hola,

Resume: We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a
64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I am 56, have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW, Astoria, Columbia River for two years. My wife Eve, 54, is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know our way around a sailboat. We would cover our to-from airtravel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please let us know, when and where you will actually be in Florida. We have our own equip. and foulies; two duffles.

We can attach our photo of us at the Bocas Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing. My Cruiser forum member acct. is Rosebud1.

Thanks for your consideration

Marco y Eva Rossmiller
Old 17-10-2015, 00:43   #3

Hello!

Email sent!
Old 26-10-2015, 12:37   #4

Hi, I'm Riley. I'm a 27yo able bodied male living in New Orleans Hoping to hitch a ride to Cuba around Nov 15th. My sister is going with a group of people to experience the dance culture on the 21st and asked me if I wanted to go. Well here I am trying to get there via my favorite method of travel hoping you will entertain the idea. I haven't sailed the Caribbean since June 2013 when I joined John Simmons on his Valiant 47 in Grenada. We sailed to Martinique and back and had a great time pretty much the whole way. The worst part was going back home.

Please let me know if this would be possible. I'm capable of meeting you in the states, have a us passport and can pay for my expenses while aboard.

Thank you,
Riley
Old 28-10-2015, 11:15   #5

I (earlier today) replied to your post but I am just registered here and don't know if you received it.

I am a 73 year old male whose boating life started in the 1950s. Sailing started 1970. Chesapeake Bay, ICW (to FL) and some "ocean"'. Most of my sailing experience is multihull, including 3 different cruising multis racing around the Delmarva peninsula in what was known as the "Great Ocean Race" back in the 80's. Also competed in a couple of lesser ocean races. I also (this August) circumnavigated (with the owner) on a Bristol 41.1 and have been recently overnighting on a Cabo Rico 400 NE.

I am excellent at sail trim and helming. Have excellent vision. Can stand my watch, but am no longer able to "scamper" about the deck. Male, conservative "mind set" non smoking, drinking or drugging person. Available.

Tags
Caribbean, catamaran, rib