Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2011, 13:08   #1

Boat: MacGregor65- s/vSunsets
Virgin Islands to Chesapeake Bay Late June

We are looking for a 4th and 5th crewmember to help us bring our 1994 65' MacGregor back from the Caribbean. We sailed the boat down last fall with the Carib1500 rally. The trip took just under 7 days and we claimed line honors!! Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the trip home will be just as fast and just as enjoyable.

We had planned to sail her back in April, but we got stuck at work. So now we are aiming for a departure date of June 26th from British Virgin Islands, weather permitting.

The boat has all of the requisite safety gear needed to participate in the rally (liferaft, flares, etc.). She's equippped with sat phone & email, autopilot, SSB and AIS. She has a new generator and new fridge system. We plan to purchase a professional weather routing service just to be on the safe side. We are non-smokers and we don't drink at sea (though we will certainly imbibe to celebrate a safe arrival). What else can I tell you?

If you are interested, you can PM or email me: sunsets at watercrafters dot com.

Cheers! Kelly.
Old 13-06-2011, 14:12   #2

Boat: MacGregor65- s/vSunsets
Re: Virgin Islands to Chesapeake Bay Late June

Thanks for all the interest. Sorry I didn't get back with everyone--- there were so many inquiries!! A real surprise for me.

Anyhow, we're set for this passage. It's nice to know you are all out there and eager to participate. Fair Winds To All.

Tags
chesapeake bay