Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 19:24   #1

Boat: PSC 37 Crealock #149 (RIP)
Question Various Legs November 2011 - June 2013

Gaging interest by potential experienced volunteer crew in various legs of a 16-19 month circumnavigation. Seamanship required. MacGyver skills preferred (also languages and certain arts). Depart Houston Nov 2011 for Key West thence to St Lucia. Jan 2012, depart St Lucia for Cartegena and thence to Panama to transit canal in Feb 2012. Celebrate Carnival in Las Tablas 18 Feb. Proceed to Ecuador and Galapagos Islands, thence to the Marquesas late-Apr 2012. Proceed to Tahiti and Fiji thence to Cairns late-Aug/early-Sep 2012. Proceed to Darwin and thence to Bali Oct 2012. Proceed to Chagos Islands and Reunion thence to Durbin and Cape Town late-Dec 2012. Proceed to Salvador da Bahia via St Helena arrival abt 7 Feb 2013. Celebrate Carnival 2013 in Brazil. Proceed to Trinidad hurricane hole and fly out abt Apr 2013, or island hop through Caribbean to Houston via Cozumel and Cancun to arrive May/June 2013. Please contact JDGreenlee at SBCGlobal dot net.
Old 04-12-2010, 19:54   #2

Boat: Bicycle
Greetings,
This itinerary sounds incredible! I will be graduating college in May 2011. This summer I may have the opportunity to gain some of the experience necessary for a voyage of this scale. I am very much interested in this opportunity--I've heard some pretty amazing stuff about Carnival, but my primary interest would be the natural history opportunities en route. That's about as much as I can tell you now. My seamanship experience now is limited to kayaks (21 days down the Sonoran coast). I am curious about the costs of this expedition (a ball park figure would be okay). For now I have to finish college. I can track this post and hopefully gain some experience this summer.
Thanks,
Spenser
Old 05-12-2010, 08:15   #3

Additional info: Upgraded/maintained 1983 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 #149. Three total min and 4 total max souls aboard passages. Routing pretty firm but semi-flexible given site-specifc conditions (weather, piracy, etc.).
Old 10-12-2010, 15:45   #4

Sounds an amazing trip.. I'm a Brit based in Galapagos if there's a chance of joining from there onwards until Oz, or somewhere i can get to NZ??
I've experiencing of racing 31ft Beneteaus and similar off the west coast of Scotland.
Old 10-12-2010, 19:44   #5

As tempting as New Zealand is, we'll not plan on it due to onset of cyclone season making it unwise to attempt the Torres Straits after Sep. If, however, there are difficulties then heading south to New Zealand in Nov to find a hurricane hole is Plan B; that makes it a 3 year trip though as we wouldn't normally depart until the next Apr (per Cornell in "World Cruising Routes"). Could be worse! But my stakeholders allotted a voyage of 18 months with contingencies for safety. Let's talk though. Switch channels to JDGreenlee at SBCGlobal dot net. We'll likely need crew from Galapagos to Tonga where you might hitch a ride south.
Old 30-12-2010, 13:26   #6

Hey there,

I'm a 23 year old recent graduate from UBC in Vancouver, Canada. I am looking for an adventure of a different kind... I would be an extra set of hands, cook, and photographer. I only speak English and some Swedish (irrelevant) but I grew up in Toronto/Beijing/Singapore/Minneapolis and am comfortable with transition and coping with different cultures and people. I get along well with almost everyone that I meet.

I took a few sailing courses over a period of 3 years and I spent my summers on a house boat for about 8 years. I am generally inexperienced but comfortable with the terrain of boating/weather/stress/excited/adventure and hard work.

If you are interested in talking a bit further you can check out my photos at:

Flickr: shineon68's Photostream
-or-
Alyson Wonderland
-or-
The Week in Pictures

and email me at
alysonstrike@gmail.com

Thanks,

Alyson
Old 03-01-2011, 12:05   #7

Experienced Crew interested

I am interested in any parts of the voyage, around the US, Caribbean, central and south America. I have ten years professional boating experience, I have my RYA/MCA Yachmaster 200ton Captains license recognised around the world, I have many years of sailing experience. I am professional crew for a living. but looking for an occasional adventure on the side. I am a 31 yr old male, Padi Divemaster, I speak Spanish, I lived in Puerto Rico for three years, and have been around the carribean, and central and South America. Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil etc... if I can be of help please let me know.
I am currently in Fort Lauderdale Florida, and am looking to head to the Caribbean anyway, was planning to go to St. Martin, or possibly Antigua.

you can email me directly
jens <dot> peterson <at> gmail <dot> com

Kind regards
Jens Peterson
Old 03-01-2011, 19:20   #8

Hello,

I am extremely interested in your trip. I am also a recent grad student but I have done some extensive traveling through central and south america including 2weeks cruising around the Galapagos islands. I spent a semester at the University of Costa Rica so my spanish is alright. I also just got back from Bali 2weeks ago. I spent the last 7months traveling and studying in SE Asia. I have grown up on the water living in Florida. I love fishing, diving, spearfishing, surfing, sailing just about anything to do with the water. I've been sailing for about 5years and have helped refit 3sailboats so im pretty good with maintenance and repairs. Please feel free to ask me anything you like.

Kevin Smith
Old 11-01-2011, 17:28   #9

Location: I currently live in Denver, CO. Family in Florida, San Diego and Hawaii
Boat: None at this time - crewing this year to see what I want to buy.
Ready to set sail

Experienced open water sailor ready to set sail. Last voyage was from Hawaii to Neah Bay, WA in August 2010. Would like to connect with you ASAP to see where I can come aboard. I speak a little spanish and plan to be Costa Rica in Feb-Mar 2011 time frame but any time after that I'm ready. Hope to talk with ya soon.
John

nchughes :: :: yahoo.com