Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2014, 14:28   #1

Two leg trip: Cross Mediterranean and Atlantic to BVIs

Hi!

Are you seeking blue water crossing time on your sailing resume?

We are looking for able crew to join us for one (or both) legs of our journey delivering our recently purchased Lagoon 500 from Marmaris Turkey to the Canaries, and second leg from Canaries to the BVIs. The trip should begin early to mid November, and should take about 6 weeks depending on how long we stop in the Canaries.

Our Lagoon 500 is a 4 cabin version equipped for off-shore cruising, and ideally we would have 6 on board for each leg of the trip. In a perfect world crew members would at a minimum be experienced sailors and best case scenario have some blue water crossing experience.

Please PM for additional information and to express interest, and include a description of your sailing experience. We are looking for folks who want an experience, not pay, and would plan to share group expenses for the trip.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:25   #2

Re: Two leg trip: Cross Mediterranean and Atlantic to BVIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrooks07 View Post
Hi!

Are you seeking blue water crossing time on your sailing resume?

We are looking for able crew to join us for one (or both) legs of our journey delivering our recently purchased Lagoon 500 from Marmaris Turkey to the Canaries, and second leg from Canaries to the BVIs. The trip should begin early to mid November, and should take about 6 weeks depending on how long we stop in the Canaries.

Our Lagoon 500 is a 4 cabin version equipped for off-shore cruising, and ideally we would have 6 on board for each leg of the trip. In a perfect world crew members would at a minimum be experienced sailors and best case scenario have some blue water crossing experience.

Please PM for additional information and to express interest, and include a description of your sailing experience. We are looking for folks who want an experience, not pay, and would plan to share group expenses for the trip.

Thanks!
Hallo.
I am interested about your offer.
LANGUAGES: Spanish(High)/ Russian(High)/ English(Intermediate)

MARINE QUALIFICATIONS:
STCW-78/95 Basic Training (all modules)
STCW-78/95 Advanced Fire Fighting
Deck rating for fishing vessels
MCA IYT International Bareboat Skipper
MCA IYT VHF Radio operator

NAUTICAL EXPERIENCE:
• Summer season of 2008. Deckhand in sailing vessels about 14 meters.
• October 2013 Cf. Mate in delivery of 43 feet Power yacht on inland water ways in Moscow
• April 2014 Mate in cruising on SY Hanse 470 in San Feliu de Guixols, Spain
• May 2014 Cf. Mate in delivery of PY Cranchi 40 Palamos (Spain), Menorca, Sardinia, Sicilia, Otranto (Italia), Opatia (Croatia)
• 2013 to 2014 working as Capitan on 54 feet Power yacht, based in Playa de Aro, Spain.

Thank you.
My email: san-isp@ya.ru
Old 15-10-2014, 08:49   #3

Hello
my name is Riccardo,I'm 28 yo and I'm Italian.
I am really interested in crossing the Atlantic!!
I love sailing and i own a small sail boat (6 metres) near Florence(Italy).
I work as a tour guide in Florence and during my free time i go sailing around Tuscany.
Last year I have worked on a 65 ft. sail boat in New zeland (bay of islands) for three months as a competent crew.
In a few months the high season for tourism will end and I will be able to leave(from the 1st of December)
I would be happy to cross the Atlantic with you!!!
Let me know if it sounds good
my e-mail is riccardo.benniau(at)hotmail.com
Thanks a lot
Have a nice day
Old 16-10-2014, 19:07   #4

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

sent PM my email is
jamesgurr@hotmail.com
Old 20-10-2014, 07:27   #5

Hello,

I'm not able to send a PM because I am new to this site. I am interested in joining you through the Med and possibly the Atlantic Crossing. I have several months of experience sailing in the Caribbean and Baltic, but no formal certification. I would like to tell you more, if you are interested please email me at shortyadamk@gmail.com

Thanks,

Adam
Old 27-10-2014, 17:11   #6

What're you doin after you get to the BVI's? (3rd leg.....)
Old 06-11-2014, 15:54   #7

Hello,

I just came across your posting for crew wanted for Mediterranean sailing and then Atlantic crossing and I am very interested in joining.
I am a Canadian sailing instructor (dinghy) and I am now looking to transfer my skills to larger boats. I am currently looking to gain experience in longer trips and ultimately work towards my yacht master and captain's ticket.

If you are still looking for crew, I would be happy to send a more detailed account of my experience and interests, as well as my sailing resume.

I also have a friend who has sailed his whole life and is looking to do a crossing as well.

Please let me know if you are still looking for crew.

Thank you,

Sarah

sailwithsarah@gmail.com

Tags
mediterranean