Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2015, 11:35   #1

Boat: Formosa Ketch, 48'
Two Crew Needed Florida to Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Possibly Cuba

Hi, my husband and I are looking for experienced crew for a Caribbean trip beginning mid December. The tentative plan is to leave Fort Pierce Florida mid December, and either head to the Keys or the Abacos. Then work our way south to the Exumas, and hopefully get the boat to Puerto Rico by April.

It is possible we will join friends and make a stop in Cuba mid-January.

We have room for 2 crewmembers in our 48' Formosa Ketch. Our sailboat draws 7 1/2' so someone who has experience sailing in the shallows of the Bahamas would be a huge benefit to our trip. The Prophecy is a good size, heavy boat, and it really takes 3 to sail her, so we are hoping to find someone that knows their way around a sailboat. We'd love to find someone that can speak some Spanish as well.

We are a married couple, 52 and 65. We have sailed extensively in the great lakes, but have just sailed 2 seasons in the Caribbean. We are non-smokers, drug free, enjoy evening cocktails, good food, wine and music. We are looking for like-minded people, and would love to find a cruising couple to join us, but are open to singles as well. Check out our profile for some photos of us and the boat.

This is a non-paid opportunity, you will need to get yourself to and from the boat, and contribute towards shared food. We are looking for crew that can make at least a 4 week time commitment. PM for more info.
Thanks, Amber and Tim

------_/)-------
Old 28-10-2015, 12:28   #2

Boat: Grand Soleil 46.3
Re: Two Crew Needed Florida to Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Possibly Cuba

I fit everyone of those criteria. but ya'd have ta pay me to go back out there. Good luck. Im sure youll find someone

Sent from my LG-H345 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

-Jedi master Yoda
Old 01-11-2015, 13:11   #3

Can you tell me a little bit more about your typical day to day?
Old 01-11-2015, 20:48   #4

Boat: MARTIN 32

Hola Tim and Amber,

We are Eve and Mark Rossmiller, semi-retired living in David, Panama.

Resume: We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a 64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I am 56, have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW, Astoria, Columbia River for two years. My wife Eve, 54, is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know our way around a sailboat. We would cover our to-from airtravel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please let us know, when and where you will actually be in Florida and where you would be taking on a crew. We have our own equip. and foulies; two duffles. We would appreciate any info or pics you could provide of your boat, navigation, rigging, above and below deck, and power plant - engine.

We can provide our photo of us at the Bocas Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing. My Cruiser forum member acct. is Rosebud1. Cruisers & Sailing Forums - View Profile: Rosebud1

Thanks for your consideration, please reply,

Marco y Eva Rossmiller
mrossmiller@gmail.com
Old 30-11-2015, 17:28   #5

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Need crew? Mostly retired previous boat owner missing the boating lifestyle. Experienced, share expenses, ocean and Carib experience. Visited Cuba 15 years ago. Gene

Tags
Bahamas, crew, Cuba, florida, Puerto Rico