Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2015, 19:06   #1

Boat: searching for my next one
trade your skills for living on my sailboat

Looking for someone to live aboard my sailboat in Ala Wai marina - Honolulu, HI in exchange for doing some work on the boat. It is a HUGE project, not expecting you to slave away on it, just make some progress. Boat was a liveaboard for several years, not maintained. (some) electric works, water/head does not, not sure about engine.

Ala Wai SBH is at the west end of Waikiki beach, 2 blocks from Ala Moana Center (huge mall/shops, bus/tranportation hub for the island), 3 blocks to Walmart or Safeway, paddling distance to great surf breaks.

If interested, let me know what skills you have - electrical, woodwork, plumbing, sand/seal/paint, etc - she pretty much needs a near complete refit, so.....

Mahalo!
jim
Old 31-07-2015, 04:17   #2

Re: trade your skills for living on my sailboat

I would be interested in exploring this with you...I am cabinet maker/ carpenter and built fiberglass boats for 6 years in early 80's....also have fished commercially....have a good knowledge of all boat systems with exception of todays modern electronics...hell I remember Loran C.. I have a partner who has lived aboard in past....she is superb cleaner/detailer and is very knowledgeable re boats... Could you please supply details of boat and what you want done....Thanks Dean
Old 31-07-2015, 05:26   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: trade your skills for living on my sailboat

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Dean.

Tags
sail, sailboat, trade