Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2013, 14:47   #1

Swan 42 from Norway to the Mediterranean

Hi. I am seeking crew/Sailing companions on a voyage from Kristiansand to the Mediterranean starting mid June 2013.
The "Midnight Swan" is and old lady built in Finland 1981 and have recently been on a 13 month cruise to the Caribbean. It got the latest electronic navigation gadgets including Radar, AIS and safety raft for 8 persons. Satellite telephone are available when we are outside reach of VHF and mobile networks.
The old lady is not a luxury yacht, its a cruising/racing yacht with 8 bunks and 3 cabins including the saloon. Comfort zone is no more than 4 persons offshore and onshore. Even with as few as 4 persons onboard one have to be quite social and do the share of work without moaning (to much).
Having said that, the following shall apply if you want to join:
1. Valid passport and travel assurance.
2. Sailing gear or oilskins and wallis (Rubber boots) you can borrow some but that will be one size fit all.
3. Remember the Atlantic can be quite cold and you will need some warm clothing.
4. Its a low budget cruise and you have to accept to share all running expenses such as food, fuel, harbor expenses, etc. In addition:
5. For short stays, until 14 days, I will charge USD 10 a day and longer stays USD 5 a day. This to cover insurance, repair and wear and tear on the boat.
6. Travel to and from the port for joining at ones own cost
If you are interested, please contact me alf.schonhardt at gmail.com
Old 27-04-2013, 15:37   #2

Re: Swan 42 from Norway to the Mediterranean

Hello Alf,

I am very interested. Sent email and PM you.

I can be reached at jyuen88 at gmail dot com.

Thx
Old 27-04-2013, 17:00   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Your point 5... Are u serious?

Crew will already pays his share of food, fuel etc but on top of this you want to charge a perday fee ? That's the way you're asking for help?
Old 29-04-2013, 15:52   #4

Hi Alecadi and thank you for your reply. I am not really asking for help. I am quite able to sail this boat single but if people want to be onboard you quite well know who is responsible - the captain! Have you ever heard about insurance and liability, wear and tear on engine, rig and sails, changing of lube oil and brake down. I someone want to join, that is an expense as well which has to be covered. I am living out of my pension (70 years old) and have no intentions of subsidizing peoples sailing holiday.
Old 29-04-2013, 15:57   #5

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Your point 5... Are u serious?

Crew will already pays his share of food, fuel etc but on top of this you want to charge a perday fee ? That's the way you're asking for help?
An owner is entitled to charge if he wants to and if he can get people to pay but ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSwan View Post
Hi Alecadi and thank you for your reply. I am not really asking for help. I am quite able to sail this boat single but if people want to be onboard you quite well know who is responsible - the captain! Have you ever heard about insurance and liability, wear and tear on engine, rig and sails, changing of lube oil and brake down. I someone want to join, that is an expense as well which has to be covered. I am living out of my pension (70 years old) and have no intentions of subsidizing peoples sailing holiday.
If you are the boat owner and are making the trip singlehanded there is going to be that kind of wear and tear on the boat anyway ... good luck in finding crew.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad

Tags
mediterranean, Norway