Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 12:41   #1

Boat: 2006 Jeanneau SO 37
St. Pete to the Bahamas in November

Husband and wife looking for one or two crew to go from St. Pete to the Bahamas. This is not a paid position, but we will cover "most" expenses. Your beverages and shore meals are your expenses, as well as transportation to and from the boat. We want to leave anytime from Nov. 9 - 30. We have a 2000 Beneteau 461, 75 hp Yanmar, two berth, two head model with a large salon and bed in the salon. Furling sails, electric winches, windlass with new Mantus anchor, EPIRB, VHF with AIS receiver, radar, Chartplotter, autopilot, 10 ft dingy with 6 hp motor.
We are looking for someone compatible and that has sailing experience. We are recently retired, fit, light drinkers, no drugs. We have taken ASA 101, 103, 104 and 106 and sailed 2500 coastal miles in the last year, but still consider ourselves newbies. Interested? Please let us know when you are available and your sailing background!
Old 02-11-2016, 13:35   #2

Re: St. Pete to the Bahamas in November

Hi,
I am back in St. Pete on Nov 8th, have a hard commitment there on 23rd Nov.
I am returning from sailing in the med.
I have RYA dayskipper, YM theory etc etc.
Not sure how this would fit with your plans.
I can meet you on the 8th for a chat etc if you like
Kind Regards,
Liam
Old 02-11-2016, 15:16   #3

Hi Liam, looking for someone with a longer time frame. Thanks for your response!Barb
Old 02-11-2016, 15:31   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfportBarb View Post
Hi Liam, looking for someone with a longer time frame. Thanks for your response!Barb
Many thanks for the reply, safe travels, bear me in mind for the future,.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:40   #5

hello and good evening
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please cotact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2016, 04:41   #6

hello and good evening
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please cotact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2016, 08:58   #7

Boat: Former Privilege 48

Hi,

Sounds like a wonderful adventure.

You might check in with the Tampa Bay Sailing Meetup group, there are a lot of experienced sailors in that group.

Best of luck with your sail.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:01   #8

Could you email a reply to me directly? I am fit, 60 years old, retired for 2 years, and hold a 50 ton captains license with sailing and towing addendums. My wife and I live in Punta Gorda, FL. We sailed our Jeanneau 37 from MA 2 years ago and have fairly extensive cruising experience. My personal email is:
patrickkrousseau@gmail.com

Thanks,
Pat
Old 03-11-2016, 10:01   #9

Boat: 45 custom steel ketch-Steelin Time

Basically just making a post here so I get updates on your thread, I think I am too busy with too many irons in the fire, but we might talk if you don't have any luck finding anyone suitable. I also might be looking for crew later on, I'm planning a circumnavigation and I know it's no fun to sail alone. Good luck. I've got to jump in the car and make a quick trip to Connecticut to pick up some anchor chain, teak, and an anchor. All ebay purchases, who knows what I might buy before I get back to the boat. I'm watching a NOS diesel engine for my fisher panda generator.

Happy to talk and just get acquainted, you can find my email on my website. Jon
Old 03-11-2016, 12:33   #10

Thanks for the great responses - we have located another "old salt" to go sailing to the Bahamas with us in November. We bought this boat so we could have crew with us - thinking about sailing to Mexico in April as part of the regatta. Will post another request for crew in the Spring! ⛵️⛵️⛵️
Old 05-11-2016, 08:40   #11

Hi, any chance you are looking for people to join you when you get to The Bahamas?
I'm Ellen, have my asa up to cruising. I have bareboated six times. Have sailed since 1993. I have also cooked professionally on a big cat.
Old 05-11-2016, 16:59   #12

Hi Ellen, thanks for the message, we have crew now.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:05   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to navegantesdosul

Hi; I´m deckhand/Divemaster, now in Fort Lauderdale to boat Show. I´m avaiable for a non paid position just to sailing!

Best Regards;

Flávio Ramires

PS: My motto is: Be usefull to be wellcome. I can help in the cleaning, maintenance, engine repairs, diving, fishing and cooking as well.
Old 06-11-2016, 15:21   #14

Hi Flávio , we have crew for now. Thank you!
Old 06-11-2016, 17:53   #15

Hi

We are a sailing couple here in st pete. Kate has just finished her asa101.

We would love to meet for lunch or dinner and discuss the trip.

Shawn/kate

Tags
Bahamas