Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2011, 06:43   #1

Boat: Corbin 39 Pilot House, Tayana 42
St Lucia to Venezuela

I'm taking of on June 26 from St Lucia down the islands to Trinidad and Rio Manamo in the Orinoco delta in Venezuela. Anybody interesting in joining with share expenses is welcome.
Regards, Henryk
Old 30-05-2011, 23:29   #2

Re: St Lucia to Venezuela

Hi Henry -
Interested in crewing. I have a lot of sailing/racing experience and would like to get some more off-shore cruising experience. Just finished my 50 GT Captain license, PADI diver, good health...

Helping with a couple of deliveries, but June 26 may work with my schedule. Can you please give me an idea of time-frame and costs?
please send to paulcatsf <at> yahoo <dot> com.

Thanks!
Paul
Old 02-06-2011, 06:04   #3

Boat: Corbin 39 Pilot House, Tayana 42

Thanks Paul. My family is flying from St Lucia on Sunday, June 26 and I'm taking 'Lala' down to Venezuela for some outfitting and extra work.
The plan might be to sail of from St Lucia on the 27th to St Vincent, spend day or two in St Vincent and sail to the Grenadines, Salt Whistle Bay on Mayro Island in the Grenadines. From there sail to Grenada and spend a couple of days there as I have a ton of my cruising friends that i haven't seen for a long time. From Grenada, depends of the winds we can sail to Tobago, or to Trinidad. Stop in Trinidad for a few days where I have some boat shopping to do and you can tour the island. From Trinidad we can sail to either Manamo or Maracoa river. The second one might be the better choice as is undeveloped and there is no town of any kind on the river. Just bring a lot of trinkets to trade with the Wareoe indians that live along the river in the houses that are built on stilts. I just talk to my friends yesterday and they said that this was the most interesting trip from all of the Caribbean.
"Lala' is a 42 foot Tayana CC fully equipped for cruising including SSB radio, 6 man life raft, new sails, new motor, fridge Carib dinghy with 15 HP Yamaha, chart plotter. I have been cruising on her with my wife and children for the past three years in comfort and safety. She sails beautifully for the cruising boat and we only had a motor on to either drop the hook or lift it.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:18   #4

Henry -
Looking at the calendar and flights.
Can you please send me a direct email, so we can talk about details. Thanks!
paulcatsf at yahoo dot com
Paul
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06   #5
cruiser

goodday, pretty short notice but i nave done that run before and liked it,,i also run canadian passport with no custom hassles,,suppose your firm on dates departing so dont ring back unless interested in bumping up depart until july,,cheers

Tags
Venezuela