Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2011, 06:00   #1

Spain to Canaries and/or Atlantic Crossing

Ahoy Sailors!
I just started a trip around the globe and the next step will be to get my ass over to the Canaries to search a boat for the Atlantic crossing. At the moment in Barcelona but going to Sevilla tomorrow, with hopes that an air flight to the Islands won't be necessary. So anyone sailing from Spain/Portugal to the Canary Islands that would be happy with some company or/and about to cross the Atlantic!? Let me know! I'm flexible and can pretty much meet up anywhere.

I'm 27 years of age and still in pretty good shape from the middle of the great kingdom of Sweden. Born and raised in a small town with the forest, lakes and mountains around the corner I have developed a close relationship with nature. That together with a humming urge to seek adventure made me study to become a nature guide and I have practices this skills by working on snowy mountains and on the river as a rafting guide.

My experience on the sea is somewhat limited though, and stretches to about a week all in all on the west and east coast of Sweden. But I live to learn and gain experience, and are normally bright enough to pick up practical stuff pretty fast. I cook pretty well, have good social skills, love a laugh, hope to learn the ins and outs of sailing and believe I can be a useful hand and company.
I'm also happy for any kind of tips or tricks how to find a boat!
Sunshine on you!
joel
Old 22-11-2011, 06:53   #2

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia
Re: Spain to canaries or/and Atlantic crossing

"Still" in pretty good shape at 27 - well done! I will be going from Southern Spain to Islas Canarias in spring (April or so), check my site. Otherwise I recommend floatplan.

Regards
Old 28-11-2011, 09:00   #3

Re: Spain to Canaries and/or Atlantic Crossing

A-hoy Sailor!

I will be sailing from Malaga to Las Palmas de Gran canaria from 8th of January till 21 of January 2012. If you are fancy to join the crew, you can find more details on this website: Academia Nautica - I suggest google translator as you probably dont speak Polish I suppose. If you wish I can help you to translate. the boat is Bavaria44 and cost around 350 euros(charter) + 10 euros/day (food+harbor charges).
Give me a shout if you are interested. If you are still in Barcelona, we can talk face to face as I do live here.

Regards
Maciej
Old 06-12-2011, 06:52   #4

Re: Spain to canaries or/and Atlantic crossing

Hi, and thank you guys!!! Well you know how the body slowly starts to degenerate from the age of 25.. hihi! And true, my polish is not as good as it should be. Well, I have now made it to Las Palmas and the search continues... Have put an add on floatplan, but soo far it have only generated wierd love letters, cristian fanatics and other spam... If I can´t get across I might be interested in join one of your crews.
Sunshine!

Tags
atlantic crossing, Canaries, Caribbean, crew available, Spain