Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2012, 07:17   #1
Marine Service Provider

Southern California To Pannama

I am looking for a person to sail from southern California to Panama with me on my 30' islander that has experiance and can pay all there own expensise. I am currently in Morro Bay Ca. heading south. This isnt a luxery boat but she is seaworthy if interested contact me at jnlgomes at sign y ahoo.com No smoker no drugs no heavy drinking no drama thanks
Old 24-10-2012, 07:25   #2
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Southern California To Pannama

this is the season for southerly adventures--welcome to cf an smooth sailing-you wil be able to find someone who is willing to sail a bit--have you tried the latitude 38 crew listings?? baja haha leaves in a few days--i know of some folks in san diego willing to crew--but ye gotta get to them...
Old 24-10-2012, 07:34   #3
Marine Service Provider

well I am heading to San diego. I don't know the area and Have been trying to find a free anchorage. I need to be there By the 3rd or so. If you know of someone let me know How to contact them. If I dont pick someone up before I get there then I will definatley be interested if they can pay all there own expensise and have experiance
Old 24-10-2012, 07:47   #4
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

ok.. to anchor in sd, one must first go to muni docks at shelter island and ask permission to anchor in the cruisers anchorage. they will inspect your boat for seaworthiness...
then they will grant a permission to anchor for 30 days. the anchorage is next to uscg station between harbor island and downtown sd. is a piss poor anchorage but it does work ok for short term. bottom is mud with pcb's-use gloves to retrieve anchor...
if you are willing to spend whatever the new rates are on the muni docks, stay there as long as you can and advertise in downwind marine on their board for crew.
advertise on channel 68 at i think is 0800, but might be 0830 on the cruisers' net, if it is still up and running, for crew.
there is someone going to be wanting a crew slot--good luck.
Old 24-10-2012, 10:44   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel

Hey jgomes,

I have just finished my Master 100 class and am in need of logging more underway hours for my sailing endorsement. I was in the Coast Guard reserve for 5 years as a boatswain mate station bellingham, and owned a 25 ft cal while I attended Western Washington University. My sailing experience has only been in the San Juan Islands but am looking to log some blue water time. I am very pretty laidback about living situations as I've spent many days using rocks for pillows. What is your timeline for the trip? send me a PM at cj.sternagel (at) gmail (dot) com.

Colin

PS 26 yrs. old

Tags
california