Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2015, 12:08   #1

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415
Southern California

My sailing dream is in a holding pattern right now as I save money for a boat purchase.

Sailing Experience
I've taken the ASA courses 101, 103, and 104 via a week long live aboard in La Paz, MX and read just about every book on sailing but my experience is very limited. I have been out on boats in the ocean many times mostly fishing out of San Diego and Oceanside (overnight trips included) and have never gotten sea sick (knock on wood).

Personal Info
I'm mid 40's male. I currently reside in Ensenada, MX but originally from Southern California. I'm in shape and am competent with tools. I do IT for work so am also competent with technology. I can cook. I am employed at a regular job so need to be back on land M-F (though I can do a couple long weekends if needed).

What I'm Looking For
I'm looking to pick up weekend spots on sail boats in the Southern California area (as far north as Los Angeles) and Northern Mexico (west coast). These can be day sails, overnight trips or whatever. So if your short on crew and need a night watchman to go from San Diego to Ensenada, or Los Angeles down to San Diego (or anything like that) I can fill that spot for you. I'm just looking to gain some experience and keep what I know from getting rusty while I save up for a boat purchase.

What I Provide
I'll cover all transportation costs to and from the boat (can get to LA with a 24 hour notice) and all food I eat. I can cook, stand watch (even the middle of the night bad watches), assist with sailing.
Old 25-04-2015, 12:55   #2

Re: Southern California

Hi,

I am a 26 year old female with a 66' Islander Wayfarer 33' currently parked in Moss Landing, which is between Santa Cruz and Monterrey. I understand that this is a little out of your way, but perhaps you could make an exception. My partner, who has sailing experience, had a family emergency and will be gone for an undisclosed period of time. I am an amateur sailor at best and am in a desperate attempt to find someone to help me move my boat out of Moss Landing and down the CA coast to Mexico.

Aside from this, I am a down to earth person and easy to get along with. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!
Old 26-04-2015, 06:40   #3

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415
Re: Southern California

Sent you a PM

Tags
cal, california