Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 13:15   #1

Cool Skipper or deckhand available between the 18th of April and 2nd of May.

Dear fellow sailing enthusiasts,

I am a licensed and experienced skipper looking for an opportunity to build some extra miles I need for my MCA Yachtmaster Offshore exam this summer.

Looking forward to sail a 30' to 60' yacht in the Mediterranean, caribbean etc ( any place that has a good connection flying from Europe ) in the period from the 18th of april until the 2nd of may as a skipper or deckhand. Free of charge.

I am Dutch, 29 years old, physical fit male. I work as an airline pilot for an European airline. Have extensive knowledge about meteorology, navigation etc. I am used to work in a team. I have good social skills and I am used to cope with demanding and stressfull situations. Safety is my prime concern.

Finished my Yachtmaster Offshore course in Spain. Waiting for my examination ( school needs minimum of 4 candidates to get examiner from UK).

I am licensed with a RYA Coastal Skipper license and ICC .20 years of experience sailing small to medium size boats ( 10' to 60' ). Experience as a dinghy sailing instructor. Recent experience as skipper on 40' to 50' yachts on the Mediterranean and Andaman sea.

Looking forward to gain some more experience sailing with a nice group of fellow sailing enthusiast!

Professional references available on request.

Please contact me for personal detail via private message.

Regards,

Isail
Old 12-04-2015, 13:38   #2

Boat: Maine Cat 30
Re: Skipper or deckhand available between the 18th of April and 2nd of May.

i am recruiting crew for an atlantic crossing in May. My boat is a 44 foot sailing catamaran. 2002 Privilege 435. The plan is to sail out of Beaufort, north carolina around may 1, destination Bermuda. Then the Azores and on to Portugal, then the Mediterranean. if you can change your dates then perhaps we can work something out.
Old 12-04-2015, 13:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12BCruzn View Post
i am recruiting crew for an atlantic crossing in May. My boat is a 44 foot sailing catamaran. 2002 Privilege 435. The plan is to sail out of Beaufort, north carolina around may 1, destination Bermuda. Then the Azores and on to Portugal, then the Mediterranean. if you can change your dates then perhaps we can work something out.
Hi 12BCruzn,

Sounds great but I am limited to my holidays. I could get 6 weeks of unpaid leave but I can not arange this in this short notice. If you would have an other trip like this in 6 months + please let me know.

Regards,

Isail
Old 20-04-2015, 14:13   #4

Boat: Maine Cat 30

Isail,

The return voyage will be in 6 months. Gibraltar to Canaries, Canaries to Caribbean.

Pat

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
deck, deckhand, skipper