Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2010, 10:02   #1

Skipper / Boat Owner for Greenland Climbing Expedition - from UK

Hi,

I'm new to the forums, so hopefully I've put this in the right category...

I'm planning an expedition in July-August 2011 to attempt an unclimbed peak in East Greenland (near to Constable Point). It's been suggested the best route to follow would be depart from Scotland and head to Iceland and from there sail to Constable Point, Greenland. Once at Constable Point hopefully it will be accessible by boat (unless ice is still packed at this time of year? I've been told it shouldn't be an issue...) and then a smaller craft in to the fjord we're aiming for.

There would be a team of 4-6 members for the climbing and ideally we would be looking for a skipper/boat owner that would have a vested interest in joining us on the trip for the entire duration - even if you do not want to partake in the climbing, but are happy to occupy yourself with sightseeing, ski touring etc. that's great. By doing this we hope we can reduce the cost of the trip, instead of having to charter a vessel...

If you would like to discuss with me further, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at renland2011@gmail.com or on here - I will do my best to answer any more questions you may have. Even if you can't help directly but could advise on someone else that might be interested, that would be great.

Cheers,

Matt Traver
Old 15-04-2010, 11:05   #2

expedition July/Aug 2011

Is this for next summer or this summer? I will be sailing my boat in S. America this summer!

Anyways, email a few pics of your team. I am interested in learning more about your experience and plans. i.e. list of completed routes and other international exped's.

TODD

Tags
Greenland