Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-08-2013, 05:54   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Skipper and First Mate

45' ketch looking for a complete crew for maintenance and cruising. Owner has retired from cruising.
__________________

sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 06:19   #2
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Same old same old!!

Sans souci, once again, you are not giving any details
Please be more specific on the condition of that deal
__________________

__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 06:22   #3
Marine Service Provider
 
Tony B's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Presently in Rogersville, Al
Boat: Mainship 36 Dual Cabin
Posts: 695
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanssouci View Post
.....for maintenance andcruising. Owner has retired from cruising.
If owner has retired from cruising, who would the crew be cruising with?
__________________
Mainship 36 DC - 1986
Retired and Full Time Cruising the Eastern U.S. inland Waterways
www.FreeBoatProjects.com
Tony B is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 06:35   #4
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post

If owner has retired from cruising, who would the crew be cruising with?
See other post by same OP at Liveaboard wanted in Key West

Not clear what the owner want exactly
What I understood in the other post is that he is looking for a couple to live in his boat and take care (pay) for the maintenance
Strange...
__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 10:20   #5
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Sans souci:

1- For how long do you need the skipper/mate
2- How much are you paying them?
3- if you need a skipper what is the projected cruise? (If no cruise you are in fact looking for boat sitters)
4- liabilities: who is responsible for what?
5- do you intend to have a survey made BEFORE the cruise (or sitting)?
6- if not how do you determine the state of the ship before and after?
7- in case of wanting skipper/mate for a cruise who is paying for the costs (fuel, insurance, maintenance etc)
8- same question for boat sitting?

9, 10 etc etc...

A lot of questions not answered in both your posts and a lot of problems coming at the horizon
__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 10:29   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
If owner has retired from cruising, who would the crew be cruising with?
Themselves and/or their guests.
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 10:36   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
See other post by same OP at Liveaboard wanted in Key West

Not clear what the owner want exactly
What I understood in the other post is that he is looking for a couple to live in his boat and take care (pay) for the maintenance
Strange...
Why is it strange to offer my boat and expect the users to maintain it at their cost?
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 11:44   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Sans souci:

1- For how long do you need the skipper/mate
2- How much are you paying them?
3- if you need a skipper what is the projected cruise? (If no cruise you are in fact looking for boat sitters)
4- liabilities: who is responsible for what?
5- do you intend to have a survey made BEFORE the cruise (or sitting)?
6- if not how do you determine the state of the ship before and after?
7- in case of wanting skipper/mate for a cruise who is paying for the costs (fuel, insurance, maintenance etc)
8- same question for boat sitting?
9, 10 etc etc...

A lot of questions not answered in both your posts and a lot of problems coming at the horizon
Alecadi, time is negotiable, skipper/mate will be responsible for all costs, liabilities and expenses. The skipper/mate will determine where the boat will sail or locate.
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 13:04   #9
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanssouci View Post

Alecadi, time is negotiable, skipper/mate will be responsible for all costs, liabilities and expenses. The skipper/mate will determine where the boat will sail or locate.
Once again you don't answer important question....
You have any idea about the implications of what you're trying to do?

This is very dangerous for you and the sitters of your boat...
__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 13:32   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 382
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Given the comments about retiring, user deciding use, assuming all costs, liabilities, etc... I'm assuming really this is a boat give away.
terminalcitygrl is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 13:35   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Once again you don't answer important question....
You have any idea about the implications of what you're trying to do?

This is very dangerous for you and the sitters of your boat...
Please advise me how having a skipper/mate aboard my boat for maintenance is dangerous. Are suggesting I need a Captain?
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 13:36   #12
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminalcitygrl View Post
Given the comments about retiring, user deciding use, assuming all costs, liabilities, etc... I'm assuming really this is a boat give away.
Practically
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 13:39   #13
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminalcitygrl View Post
Given the comments about retiring, user deciding use, assuming all costs, liabilities, etc... I'm assuming really this is a boat give away.
Yes but without one essential item: the transfer of ownership

This boat has been offered for sale 3 years ago
Aparently with no success (too much damaged?)

If you follow sanssouci proposal you get the boat, you spend money on her, perhaps a lot of money and when you put her back in order the owner come back and claim her..

You will have no contract nothing on paper (I have asked severall times the owner about it) and he, the owner, will have the only valid piece of paper.. The deed....
__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 14:02   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Key West, Florida
Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Posts: 318
Re: Skipper and First Mate

my o my, clever little bugger.
sanssouci is offline  
Old 17-08-2013, 14:06   #15
Registered User
 
Alecadi's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marathon FL
Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanssouci View Post
my o my, clever little bugger.
That's not an answer, as usual with you
You never answered a straight question
You never explain what you wanted exactly and how problems can be solved..
__________________

__________________
People spend time putting little boats in bottles, me I put bottles in my little boat...
Alecadi is offline  
 

Tags
skipper

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:29.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.