Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 02:26   #1

Boat: Lightwave 45 sports catamaran
Single, sociable and looking for sailing adventures

Hi, I am a 54 year old divorced woman living in Sydney. I grew up in Hong Kong where i learnt to sail. I now own my second boat, a 46' savage oceanic which I have taken up the east coast of Australia and raced in the Hamilton Island race week.
I love racing and do so every Wednesday on a friends Sydney 36, but my real love is cruising. I prefer the short hops from one anchorage to another (rather than night sailing), am very sociable, and am a member of the coastal crusing club of Australia, amongst others. I have been cook on a catamaran going up north, and have sailed on various boats off the coast of Australia. I can scuba dive, play bridge and cards, like sociable drinking, and am adaptable. My latest trip was on a catamaran with 4 others who all knew each other, (I had never met any of them) but it was an adventure and I like taking myself out of my comfort zone. I had done this previously on a boat coming south from the Whitsundays. I want to travel now whilst I can, and experience new things. Will travel anywhere, but have a real desire to sail in Tahiti, and the Mediterranean next year.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:03   #2

Boat: Salar 40
Re: Single, sociable and looking for sailing adventures

Hi,
Leaving for Lord Howe Island this Wednesday (7/11). ETA 10/11, return 15/11. Have 3 crew so far, looking for 1 or 2 more experienced hands. More details if interested.
Brian Gulley
Heather Mist.
beansbaxter88@yahoo.com.au
Old 03-11-2012, 05:29   #3
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: Single, sociable and looking for sailing adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.olsen View Post
Hi, I am a 54 year old divorced woman living in Sydney. I grew up in Hong Kong where i learnt to sail. I now own my second boat, a 46' savage oceanic which I have taken up the east coast of Australia and raced in the Hamilton Island race week.
I love racing and do so every Wednesday on a friends Sydney 36, but my real love is cruising. I prefer the short hops from one anchorage to another (rather than night sailing), am very sociable, and am a member of the coastal crusing club of Australia, amongst others. I have been cook on a catamaran going up north, and have sailed on various boats off the coast of Australia. I can scuba dive, play bridge and cards, like sociable drinking, and am adaptable. My latest trip was on a catamaran with 4 others who all knew each other, (I had never met any of them) but it was an adventure and I like taking myself out of my comfort zone. I had done this previously on a boat coming south from the Whitsundays. I want to travel now whilst I can, and experience new things. Will travel anywhere, but have a real desire to sail in Tahiti, and the Mediterranean next year.

H O, do youhave "Meet Up" groups online where you are? It's a way of meeting people with common interests online. Of course you can't just fill your boat with total strangers and take off ... bring a friend along, and invite one "Meet Up" person at a time and get to them.

I'm in a metro area much smaller than Sydney and there are three sailing "Meet Ups" here. I have met great people and can always find someone to sail with. I have plenty of time to get to know them before cruising with them. Meeting them has also led to connecting solidly with other sailing clubs in the area.

Use your head, but it can be a great way to meet other sailors.

Tags
sailing, single