Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 21:00   #1

Boat: Islander 32
SF Bay & CA coast, possibly AK or HI summer 09

Hi all,
I sail solo on the San Francisco Bay and California coast most weekends and holidays, but it gets lonely. I would like a companion and/or crew person to sail with. I have two sail boats, an Islander 30 that is presently up for sale, and an Islander 32 that I am working on. I mostly sail the Islander 30 now and work on the Islander 32, but if the I-30 sells I will start sailing the I-32 more. I had originally planned on sailing to either Alaska (my former home state) or Hawaii this summer on the I-30, but then purchased the I-32 and so things may change. If the I-30 doesn't sell by early June (a good possibility giving the economy) I will probably still take her to AK or HI.
I am in my early 50s, very relaxed, easy-going, friendly and generally easy to get along with. I was raised on a houseboat and my father was a commercial fisherman, and I have been a commercial fisherman most of my working life, so I am pretty knowledgeable about boats and the sea. I am not a partier anymore and do not like drugs or being around anyone who is using drugs. I enjoy a drink or two (literally) on occasion but it is not a big part of my life. I generally enjoy reading to TV and classical, traditional or island music (Beethoven, Twelve Girls Band, and Jimmy Buffet are my favorites).
Anyway, if there is anyone in the SF Bay area who would like to join me for weekend cruises, and/or a longer cruise this summer, let me know.
Old 01-05-2009, 21:09   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
My wife and I are interested. PM us.

Life begins where land ends.
Old 10-05-2009, 13:04   #3

Hey,

I am in oakland and teach dinghy sailing at the Berkeley Marina. Looking for time on some bigger boats. Let me know when you plan to go. 510 927 7110.

Reese

Tags
sf bay