Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 06:42   #1

Boat: Pearson 424 ketch
Seeking Cruisin' Lady for the Western Caribbean

The Western Caribbean - Best cruising in the Caribbean aboard a happy 42' ketch. Veteran captain seeking an upbeat lady, late 30's/early 40's, who wants to go cruising. Sailing from NE Florida thru the Bahamas to the south coast of Cuba, out-islands Honduras, the Bocas del Toro archipelago (Panama), primeval Rio Chagres and the San Blas Islands. After Panama, it's wherever the wind blows. Cruising for fun, adventure, nature, exploration, presence, growth, peace, love & joyfulness. Visit www.tor.cc/crew.htm and email me from there. If you only post here I may miss it! Thanks.
Old 18-10-2011, 23:37   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor
Re: Seeking Cruisin' Lady for the Western Caribbean

Hi Captain Tor,
If you didnt have any luck finding that tight, toned teenager you are looking for and you want company while you are still searching for your dream Barbie sailing buddy, give me a shout. I am interested in your experience as a sailor and your boat and would be interested in paying my way or whatever in $ ......to learn more. I am experienced in sailing but not boat handling. I am a widowed retired restaurateur/hotel owner, used to an unconventional life. Like you I dont look bad for my age, but at 62 you might be a bit old for me i am only 56.
Old 19-10-2011, 01:42   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Seeking Cruisin' Lady for the Western Caribbean

Captain Tor.... she looks pretty damn good... give her a shout... Kiwi's are great fun..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 19-10-2011, 02:41   #4

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser

Are you looking for a girlfriend or a sailing companion, cos if its a sailor your after, age should be immaterial, and if its a girlfriend your after, you got to ask yerself if its feasable to find a genuine sailor type woman who is so much younger than you.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:53   #5
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Are you looking for a girlfriend or a sailing companion, cos if its a sailor your after, age should be immaterial
Quote:

As a general rule the younger the fitter, so for simple crew age is material.
, and if its a girlfriend your after, you got to ask yerself if its feasable to find a genuine sailor type woman who is so much younger than you.
Don't ask, don't get

My take is that OP may well have one eye on the future possibilities, but it's not the overriding imperative. With age comes the wisdom: slowly slowly catchy monkey .......or at least the wit not to get over involved from day 1.
Old 19-10-2011, 04:55   #6

I'm truly sorry if my candid ad upset you, kiwilady. My preference for a "younger" (40-year-old) mate seems natural enough to me. Stating it was not meant as an insult to women older or younger or taller or heavier, or to men either, for that matter, whom I also excluded from my wish list. Mine is just an honest statement of preferences intended for the woman I described. If it angers some other women, as I'm finding it occasionally does, well, perhaps that reaction and the reasons for it merit their deeper consideration. Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll join teenage Barbies everywhere in wishing me a happy 63rd birthday next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiladysailor View Post
Hi Captain Tor,
If you didnt have any luck finding that tight, toned teenager you are looking for and you want company while you are still searching for your dream Barbie sailing buddy, give me a shout. I am interested in your experience as a sailor and your boat and would be interested in paying my way or whatever in $ ......to learn more. I am experienced in sailing but not boat handling. I am a widowed retired restaurateur/hotel owner, used to an unconventional life. Like you I dont look bad for my age, but at 62 you might be a bit old for me i am only 56.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:02   #7

Boat: Seafarer 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintor
I'm truly sorry if my candid ad upset you, kiwilady. My preference for a "younger" (40-year-old) mate seems natural enough to me. Stating it was not meant as an insult to women older or younger or taller or heavier, or to men either, for that matter, whom I also excluded from my wish list. Mine is just an honest statement of preferences intended for the woman I described. If it angers some other women, as I'm finding it occasionally does, well, perhaps that reaction and the reasons for it merit their deeper consideration. Meanwhile, I'm sure you'll join teenage Barbies everywhere in wishing me a happy 63rd birthday next week.
The word mate implies you need a dating service. Wrong site.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:05   #8
CLOD

Boat: none

I don't mean this in a negative way, but...............I wonder if there is a need for a sailor dating type website?
Old 19-10-2011, 05:15   #9

Well, I certainly stirred up a hornets' nest, didn't I? OK, for the record, I am looking for a long-term mate (as described) to sail aboard the good ketch Silverheels, just like the ad says and my web page, www.tor.cc/crew.htm, clarifies. At least, I was until I checked out your profile photo. Now I'm looking for women in misty shower stalls! (Just kidding.) As you so kindly suggested, I did ask myself whether it is feasible to find a genuine sailor type woman who is so much younger than I, and the obvious answer was, only one way to find out! So far so good. Several very promising applicants (and a couple of angry hornets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Are you looking for a girlfriend or a sailing companion, cos if its a sailor your after, age should be immaterial, and if its a girlfriend your after, you got to ask yerself if its feasable to find a genuine sailor type woman who is so much younger than you.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:15   #10

Boat: Privilege 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
I don't mean this in a negative way, but...............I wonder if there is a need for a sailor dating type website?

There is already an international sailing dating site www.lovesail.com/
Old 19-10-2011, 05:22   #11

Boat: 1978 Marine Trader 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintor View Post
Hey captain, If it's a wish list, you may as well go ahead and wish for twins or triplets.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:48   #12

Been there, done that. More than I could handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by READY2GO View Post
Hey captain, If it's a wish list, you may as well go ahead and wish for twins or triplets.
Old 19-10-2011, 05:54   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintor View Post
I think you misunderstood my message Captain Tor......I will say it more clearly for you in plain English. Because I am not at all angry or upset with what you seek for yourself, who cares , its fine by me. I like younger men for the most obvious of reasons as well. ...BUT
My message was meant to convey to you that should, god forbid, there not be a bevy of hot chicky babes for you to choose from chaffing at the bit to come sailing with you, with toned bodies, athletic biceps and legs and boob job that gets you horny just at the look of her. then I might be interested as a last resort ( for you ) to be a sailing companion, for which I will pay for the privilege for receiving some kind of passive instruction from you in sailing that is. It might beat sailing alone, you could have a good laugh at least, make a bit of money, and eat my cooking. Did I mention I am an award winning chef, and I do massage in my spare time.
. I am interested in sailing, life at sea, I could even help you find your miss Barbie, and you could even help me find my Ken perhaps.
I am approaching you from a different angle here sweetie, try not to be so sensitive, platonic can be wonderful.
Old 19-10-2011, 06:00   #14
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Don't ask, don't get

My take is that OP may well have one eye on the future possibilities, but it's not the overriding imperative. With age comes the wisdom: slowly slowly catchy monkey .......or at least the wit not to get over involved from day 1.

I'd want to do lunch first before sailing off into the sunset together!

I'd also want to know the person's sailing abilities. I could look like Demi Moore, but as a sailor, I'd want to sail with someone who was *at least* as interested in my sailing abilities. I wouldn't want to go for my decorative traits.
Old 19-10-2011, 06:23   #15
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Seeking Cruisin' Lady for the Western Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiladysailor View Post
I think you misunderstood my message Captain Tor......I will say it more clearly for you in plain English. Because I am not at all angry or upset with what you seek for yourself, who cares , its fine by me. I like younger men for the most obvious of reasons as well. ...BUT
My message was meant to convey to you that should, god forbid, there not be a bevy of hot chicky babes for you to choose from chaffing at the bit to come sailing with you, with toned bodies, athletic biceps and legs and boob job that gets you horny just at the look of her. then I might be interested as a last resort ( for you ) to be a sailing companion, for which I will pay for the privilege for receiving some kind of passive instruction from you in sailing that is. It might beat sailing alone, you could have a good laugh at least, make a bit of money, and eat my cooking. Did I mention I am an award winning chef, and I do massage in my spare time.
. I am interested in sailing, life at sea, I could even help you find your miss Barbie, and you could even help me find my Ken perhaps.
I am approaching you from a different angle here sweetie, try not to be so sensitive, platonic can be wonderful.
Rofl...... nicely put...
PS; the massage was a real teaser...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the drums.

Tags
Caribbean