Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2014, 18:57   #1

Boat: Conser 47 performance CAT
Savannah to Miami .. November

Sailing my Conser 47 from Savannah to Miami over Thanksgiving week.

Looking for some experienced company. Likely be 4 of us, some night sailing.

Can cover some costs. Could be couple. Likely a 6-7 day sail.

Thanks
Old 22-10-2014, 10:30   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to crohe
Re: Savannah to Miami .. November

Hello Chris here,
I would be interested I live in North Georgai but work offshore on Marine Seismic vessels. Have basic experience sailing and my girlfriend may be interested also. I am currently on the coast of Scotland but get back to Georgia around Nov. 21. My email is cmrlmc@yahoo.com my cell is 520-559-1510 but dont like to use it here to expensive.cheers chris
Old 23-10-2014, 00:57   #3

Boat: OPB while I search for mine
Re: Savannah to Miami .. November

Hi Gboy,

I'm definitely interested. I'm a 35 y/o guy, very easy to get along with, non-smoker, and more than happy to help out with any boatwork/chores needed before or during the trip as well. I've done a good deal of lake sailing (both the great lakes when I was younger and around Atlanta now) as well as some coastal and ICW sailing. I do have my ASA 101 and am working on my 103/104 now. However, I don't have any offshore experience yet, though I do know that I'm not prone to seasickness. My schedule is fairly open - I'm available any time after Nov 19th.

I'd love to crew for you on a trip like this to gain some offshore experience. I'm competent with my basic sailing skills and can follow directions, steer a compass course, take a watch, etc. I also live north of Atlanta, so I can get myself to Savannah and back from Miami. I posted a bit more detail about my experience and background in a Crew Available post a couple weeks ago, if you want to look it up. My e-mail is dsdphoto(at)gmail.com, and I'll PM you my cell if you'd rather talk that way.

I appreciate your consideration, have a safe trip!
Darren

Tags
miami