Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 16:07   #1

Savanah GA to Block Island crew wanted

Hello!

I just completed a single hand 1400 mile trip from Saint Thomas to Savanah GA. Im exhausted! Im looking for 1 or two people that would like to sail from Savanah to Block Island in the next week or so after I complete some repairs and upgrades. The boat is a 2001 oceanis 461 that was just surveyed and is sound, any suggestions the surveyor made have been completed. Brand new electronics all around, iridium go!, weather service and routing on demand, epirb with integrated GPS and the ditch bag well provisioned! Hopefully we will never need to use the latter.

Safety is my number one priority. I would rather the trip take three extra days instead of pushing the boat to its limits.

Here is what I require of crew.

Stay 100% sober while on watch.
Stay awake on watch, wake me if you are unable to complete your duties
Keep all seacocks closed unless being used, the only ones to remain open at all times are for the motor.
Keep the boat at a safe and reasonable speed. If unable to slow the boat you must let me know.
Make sure all vessels pass at least two miles from our location, AIS is a huge help with this.
Keep clean, Share cooking and cleaning tasks, and let me know if anything happens, breaks, illness, water intrusions, or something else previously mentioned or not.

The longest watch you would have to stand is 6 hours per day at the most and more likely 4 hrs.

I would like to leave within 5-7 days provided I get everthing done and the weather for the passage looks good. You are more than welcome to stay on the boat for a couple of days prior to leaving and once at the destination in Block Island (Rhose Island)
Old 12-06-2016, 22:02   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Savanah GA to Block Island crew wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeysee View Post
Hello!

I just completed a single hand 1400 mile trip from Saint Thomas to Savanah GA. Im exhausted! Im looking for 1 or two people that would like to sail from Savanah to Block Island in the next week or so after I complete some repairs and upgrades. The boat is a 2001 oceanis 461 that was just surveyed and is sound, any suggestions the surveyor made have been completed. Brand new electronics all around, iridium go!, weather service and routing on demand, epirb with integrated GPS and the ditch bag well provisioned! Hopefully we will never need to use the latter.

Safety is my number one priority. I would rather the trip take three extra days instead of pushing the boat to its limits.

Here is what I require of crew.

Stay 100% sober while on watch.
Stay awake on watch, wake me if you are unable to complete your duties
Keep all seacocks closed unless being used, the only ones to remain open at all times are for the motor.
Keep the boat at a safe and reasonable speed. If unable to slow the boat you must let me know.
Make sure all vessels pass at least two miles from our location, AIS is a huge help with this.
Keep clean, Share cooking and cleaning tasks, and let me know if anything happens, breaks, illness, water intrusions, or something else previously mentioned or not.

The longest watch you would have to stand is 6 hours per day at the most and more likely 4 hrs.

I would like to leave within 5-7 days provided I get everthing done and the weather for the passage looks good. You are more than welcome to stay on the boat for a couple of days prior to leaving and once at the destination in Block Island (Rhose Island)

When are you planning to leave? How far offshore will you leave Cape Hatteras to port? I have >5000 miles offshore, 40 years of experience, owned >12 boats.
Old 14-06-2016, 13:05   #3

Re: Savanah GA to Block Island crew wanted

PM sent

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted