Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2011, 15:30   #1

San Diego to Caribbean

I am looking for further crew to sail my 54' cutter rigged ketch from Enesenada or San Diego to the Caribbean via Panama. We mainly sail instead of motor, we are not in any desperate rush, and we are all very easy going. You do not need much sailing experience, but if you do not sail already, a willingness to learn would help!
The boat is a very safe boat (we have just travelled down to Puerto Vallerta and are currently sailing back up to Ensenada) and we have had great recommendations from the folk who have sailed with us so far. If you are interested, please reply by email or by private message.
We will be stopping at several central American ports, transitting the Panama canal, and probably stopping at Jamaica and other ports before finishing around Saint Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.

Thanks, James
Old 28-01-2011, 07:16   #2

Hi James, This sounds like a fun opportunity to get back on the water. I sold my boat 3 years ago a 41 ketch that I with crew sailed to Cabo.
I'm easy going to and love the natural surroundings and enjoy photography, diving and of course sailing. I do have some work coming up this spring so the timing might not be the best for me. What is your proposed shove date and length of voyage estimated at? I also have friends who bought a house on top of Saba a couple years ago that I used to visit in Belize, a nice Canadian couple.
Thanks for your reply & have a good weekend (or you might still be sailing from the post)
Kevin
p.s. are you staying at the Coral Marina in Ensenada?
Old 28-01-2011, 13:11   #3

Contact

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like to email me at

blackwind(at)live.co.uk

If that makes sense and I will email you all of the details. James
Old 30-01-2011, 18:41   #4

Send a message via AIM to GUNES Send a message via MSN to GUNES
HELLO JAMES,
I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR SAIL VERY MUCH, THIS IS MY DREAM SAIL,I AM AVAILABLE , PLEASE WRITE MY E MAIL,DETAIL????

SEMOSUM@AOL.COM
Old 31-01-2011, 20:45   #5

Boat: Southern Cross 31 1976
SD to Caribbean

Hi, I an planning to sail the Caribbean,when my boat is up to it,I could use the knowlege that I would get from the trip you are planning I have sailed my boat up and down the east coast solo ,but I need someone to point out the finder points that I can't get on my own.Your trip could save my life,and or the boat. I am 57 ,fair shape,can pay my way,and a hard worker. Thanks, Jim svcocoon <at> yahoo <dot> com
Old 03-02-2011, 13:01   #6

Hola,
I want to sail with you. I drove down to Guatemala to deliver a car to my beach house here on the Pacific side. I'm 64 years young with over forty years of sailing experience. I speak Spanish and am an EMT. I'm very flexable time wise and have excellent references. Let's talk!
mike
Old 03-02-2011, 18:28   #7

Boat: Tartan 37 "Velera"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosby View Post
Hola,
I want to sail with you. I drove down to Guatemala to deliver a car to my beach house here on the Pacific side. I'm 64 years young with over forty years of sailing experience. I speak Spanish and am an EMT. I'm very flexable time wise and have excellent references. Let's talk!
mike
Take this guy. If you do not speak Spanish you will not have half as much fun.
Castine, Maine
Old 06-02-2011, 21:34   #8

isabel from Spain interested

Hi I am Isabel from the Northwest of Spain, although right now I am preparing to get my ticket-fly to LA next week from Laos-Bangkok, where I was working for the past 8 years.
I have many diplomas such as Training survival, advanced fire fithing,etc and also the certificate of Skipper. Acrossed the Atlantic two times, two years along the cost of Africa and many trips on the Mediterraneum.

I am in good health and very keen in meeting you.

My goal is come back to the sea and live there, discovering new cultures and the American people.

Speak English, French, understand well Portuguese and Italian.

Note: love classic Greek philosophy, dancing, play guitar and if you have an oven I will take you to heaven when you try my classic bread and cakes.
Important note : I will always respect you and obey your orders and I hope we become goods friends.

If so let me know. My arrival will be probably on 19 of this month LA
Big hug

Isabel
Old 06-02-2011, 21:42   #9

My e-mail is isasailor (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks and kiss
isabel
Old 06-02-2011, 21:56   #10
cruiser

get in touch with ZEEHAG and find out if she has her crew yet.. I know she is planning to depart to Mazatlan in the beginning March..ish???

Tags
Caribbean, san diego