Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:52   #1

sailor seeking employment

I am a 50 year old male, now retired from the Canadian military. I am in excellent physical shape, with no health issues.
I have 23 1/2 years of experience in maritime operations with the aforementioned career.
Qualifications: I am a certified meteorologist technician (6a level) and a yeoman of navigation with the Canadian military. I am certified in shipboard flood control, shipboard firefighting, sea survival, and first aid. I also hold Canadian national certification for non-commercial operation of boats up to and including 40 ft. (qualification transcript available upon request).
Experience: I have sailed above 60 N Lat and as far south as Panama, on both coasts of the N Atlantic, through the med. into the Black sea. Vessels include HMCS St. John's, HMCS Ville De Quebec and HMCS Montreal, providing navigation and forecasts throughout. I also have 20 yrs of experience with the Atlantic rescue coordination center in Halifax Nova Scotia.
I have owned and sailed my own boats for years, and have re-rigged and re-furbished a number of older sailboats. My latest being a 1970 Cheoy Lee os40 Yawl. (pictures of work available upon request). I have a great deal of experience in repair work of plumbing, electrical systems, rigging, teak and finish woodwork. and fiberglass repairs because of this. I'm even considered a pretty good shipboard cook!
I currently reside and sail on the East Coast of Newfoundland, and very use to sailing in heavy weather.
I am considered to have excellent communication skills in English, and have a small degree of French as well. I work very well on my own as well as with a crew.
I am a single man (again) with my kids grown up and moved out. I have a passport and a clean conduct sheet. I can carry my own sextant and site reduction tables if required, and am available on short notice.
I am certain I would be an asset to any crew. Paying jobs only please!

Tags
employment, men, paracelle, sail