Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2012, 21:23   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel
pirate Sailor, Filmmaker, New Captain, Awesome Dude

Hello Cruisers and all thee who are livin the dream,

My name is Colin I am just finishing my OUPV/Master100 class and will need to log more underway time before I send in my application. A little bit about me related to the sea.

CG reserve for 5 years Boatswain mate 3rd class
Owned my own 25ft. sailboat for 5 years
SSI divemaster
whitewater raft guide/kayaker

More info about me. I am 25, 26 on Dec 1. Graduated from Western Washington University in outdoor recreation and video production. I have traveled extensively around the world. Madagascar, Kenya, Sudan. Did a European, Australian, and New Zealand backpack. Rowed my own boat 270 miles down the Colorado River. And spent 7 months last year living in Mongolia. I have a film website which is a hobby and ticket to more adventure www.suntimefilms.com. I currently am living in my 19ft yurt on a permaculture farm, milking goats, feeding chickens and studying my captains material. Luckily the captains class was a refresher from my CG boatswain mate schooling. I really need as many underway hours as I can get and want more experience sailing blue water. I have dive gear, topside and underwater video equipment, strong sense of adventure, long wavy lochs and require very little creature comforts. I have been stuck in many situations content using a rock for a pillow.

The majority of my sailing experience was in the san juan islands and dipped into Canadian waters a few times. I was competent enough to single hand the boat and perform simple mechanics. Being a divemaster and class V river guide I feel I have developed a good sense of leadership and risk management. I Would love to create memories with a new crew.

Colin Sternagel
Old 23-10-2012, 11:29   #2

Re: Sailor, Filmmaker, New Captain, Awesome Dude

We have a boat in Tahiti (BlueWaterSailing) and need crew from november. Add me on facebook: Jørgen Blystad Houge

Let me know if you are interested.

Best,
Jørgen
Old 26-10-2012, 14:51   #3

Hi ,

I am looking for crew for a passage, leaving Canary Islands for Atlantic crossing to Caribbean, looking at leaving end of Nov 2012.

A 12 -14 day crossing weather permitting and also invited to spend some time on the Catamaran once we get there.

I have a new Fountaine Pajot Sanya 57, so it should be a very comfortable passage and time aboard.

I am also a Dive Master Padi and have my own underwater video gear, really interested in Videography and putting together something about my family leaving the rat race for a Sea Experience.

Email me at ozdownunder@iinet.net.au We are Australian's and living and loving life aboard and hope to talk about it some more.

Regards Terry
Old 26-10-2012, 22:50   #4

Boat: 41' Sail

WoW! What a great opportunity!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55   #5

Boat: 37' Endeavour

Colin, I'm planning on sailing South sometime in January 2013. I'm looking for sea worthy crew to get me down to Mexico, someone to come aboard just for a few weeks would also be a help. Tom
Old 11-11-2012, 19:01   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel

January? Wow that seems like a cold wild wet ride. Please send me a personal message with your email address.
Old 11-11-2012, 19:14   #7

Boat: 37' Endeavour

I been getting some negitive feed back about sailing down the coast in January because of rough weather, so I may possibly delay the trip for until early May. But haven't given up on the idea yet, still looking for more info and knowledgeable feedback. My work is slow this Winter so really wanted to make good use of my free time. My email is tommacdon@msn.com

Tags
captain