Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2016, 09:46   #1

Sailing / Velejar Rio de Janeiro

Howdy, Any of you boys or girls out here are sailing around Rio de Janeiro? For the past 2 years I sailed in the Caribbean and Golf of Mexico and I'm a good crew member. I will be in Rio till the end of March and I would love to go on a sailing trip (day / overnight/ race / it doesn't really matter). Looking forward to hearing back from you! Bye !

Ola, Estou no Rio e eu sinto falta pra velejar. Durante os ultimos 2 anos velejou no Caribe e Golfo do México. Vou morar no Rio até o final de março e eu gostaria de ir em uma viagem de barco. (21)97962-0682 e mi numero de telefono. Tchiau!
Old 24-02-2016, 06:27   #2

Boat: Morgan OI 41 CCS
Re: Sailing / Velejar Rio de Janeiro

Would you please list your expertise?
Old 24-02-2016, 10:42   #3

Re: Sailing / Velejar Rio de Janeiro

Hello,

Please find below my sailing resume

Nationality: Romanian
Date of Birth: September 1982
Current Location : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (leaving on March 22)
Language spoken: English, Spanish, French and Romanian, basic commands in Italian and Portuguese
Health: Excellent, non-smoker, drug-free, I don't get seasick
Objective: Learn to be a better skipper, sail across the Atlantic Ocean
Skills: Navigation, planning passages, sailing maneuvers - tacking , gybing, docking and maneuvering under power, man-overboard recovery, day and night watches, sailing knots, line handling and cooking (I'm pretty good)
Sailing Experience:
October - November 2015 skippered the 45' Beneteau Oceanis from Rio Dulce Guatemala to South Belizean Cays and Utila Honduras
June 2015 lived aboard and sailed on the 45' Beneteau Oceanis on Galveston Bay, Texas
April - May 2015 lived aboard and sailed on a 40’ catamaran from Bonaire to Curacao, Aruba, Colombia, Panama;
June - October 2014 lived aboard and sailed on a 45' Beneteau Oceanis from Galveston Bay, Texas to Yucatan, Mexico , sailed on the Mexican Coast
January - February 2014 sailed on a 34' racing boat - 2-3 times a week

Other skills: diving (certified rescue diver), free diving (certified oped water free diver), fishing. spear fishing (well.. I'm not very good at spear fishing but I got a few small snappers and a lobster)

Looking forward to hearing back from you! My watsup number is +40749651111

Best, Ada

Tags
sail, sailing